Emergency brake debate

O.K. Farz-u-can-c. 1st question: Do you have a Mopar partz guy at ah Dealership that's your friend? If not you should have some one your friendly enough with that you would allow him to date your sister! That guyz work computer is worth ah 12 pack of his fave left on the floor of hiz daily ride every so often just az ah thank you for hiz being your friend! To the numberz... Your '77 Broham wheel base iz 124"s and the Dodge B-250 Maxi Van from'79 to '03 when the naziz stopped makin' 'um waz 127.4"s. Your 2nd question: Do you think your Broham will know the difference in an extra 3 1/2"s? Go forth and spend young man and stick with us, we'll help yeah, Jer

This needs to be put on a plaque and hung in The Council's Hall of Fame.

I guess it depends what type of brakes you have - some are adjusted via e-brake, some are adjusted by stopping in reverse, etc. discs adjust differently than drums too.
but I wasn't wrong :) there are brakes that turn the star wheel when applying e-brake. maybe it was on my mustang or my cougar and not this fury where I saw that.

I apply ebrake on all my cars all the time. call me old school.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/brake03.pdf

RockAuto has many of the parking brake components for your 77 New Yorker too. Not sure if you can rebuild the entire thing - but certainly a good start.

Try Locar Performance, not sure if they offer this rebuild service to the general public but a few years ago a freind of mine who is a dealer for thier products sent my old handbrake lever & cables to my 58 chevy p/u to them and they build a whole new system for me. sorry don't recall what it cost me .everything bolted in the stock location and works great.

I agree that you should use your parking brake, at least occasionally, otherwise you're likely to find it's seized up if and when you ever do need it. Another reason that I use mine, especially if I'm parking on a bit of a hill, is that all of the car's weight won't be on the parking pawl in my transmission. I apply the parking brake then I put the trans in "PARK". When I'm leaving I take the trans out of "P" first. :)

Back