image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Been busy the past few days
We skipped out of Cruisin the Coast but will plan to return again
We are in New Orleans now catching the interesting way of life here
Did a swamp tour in the afternoon

After 5pm had dinner at Coops, watched the bike parade , had a teen marching band March by us while we a rich dark roast coffee with beignets at the oldest Cafe in the city,
Did a mule carriage ride as well all in the span of about 3 hours!
I was told this was an off night:lol:
Had a TurboDog dark Ale then settled into the Provincial hotel for The night

Ready for another day of adventures

I had a shot of Bourbon on Bourbon st last night
image.jpeg

Now it's turn around time today to head back home
Hopefully we stay out of the rain from the hurricane getting ready to hit Florida

We completed a straight run for St Louis yesterday
705 miles and not a glitch
This is the longest drive to date on the trip
Not a drop of oil burnt or leaked out
I think it is safe to say my hard work has paid off:thumbsup:

Congrats. Welcome back :)

Thanks Bryan
We took today to rest and head for home tomorrow

I'll be heading across the 70 then up to the 90 then onto the 20 for a nice drive home we hope.

When I was much younger I had a new to me beater that I wasn't sure if it would make the Ottawa to Windsor trip. A greybeard told me at that time if it can do a trouble-free 50 mile trip, it can do 500. Did the round trip with no problems.

Good luck on you return trip. Great to hear how well it ran on the trip back to St Louis. You will never forget this trip.

I bet you're getting plenty of thumbs up!

I was just reviewing the replies here and am very happy to tell you that I do believe that any classic car will ignite a passion for most everyone that remembers our cars when they were younger and of days gone by

I have lost count on how many people have honked their horns , waved, given us the thumbs up or commented on the car.

For those that approached us and realized the location of where we are from being in disbelief that we have driven the car the distance that we have as well
It also transcends age race and gender for those that love our cars as well have been really endear ting as well:thumbsup:

What a great trip Tom, thanks for taking us along. There truly is no better way to road trip than in a classic C-body!

Great trip Tom. Your right about vintage car travel. You'll make new friends everywhere you go.
Now ....... Slap a hitch on, hook up a vintage travel trailer, and stay off the interstates. It's a whole new experience.

image-jpeg.96139.jpg

I'm not much of a city guy, but New Orleans is one of my favorite stops. Never a dull moment there. If I were forced to live in a city, New Orleans would be the place. Some of the most hospitable folks anywhere.

DSC01927.JPG

Back