Epic Whoops thread.

That's unbelievable; what were they thinking?
Actually that came up in my Fakebook profile via a GasMonkee garage reel, and I thought oh pray God it was one of Richards deliveries :poke:

:rofl:

Then when posting the FB reel wouldn't work here I searchy searchy around and found it elsewhere. I see it's actually a TikTok video and it's been around for a couple of months.

**** colored Vette anyway, Transpo company driver did the owner a favor...
:lol:

Actually that came up in my Fakebook profile via a GasMonkee garage reel, and I thought oh pray God it was one of Richards deliveries :poke:

:rofl:

Then when posting the FB reel wouldn't work here I searchy searchy around and found it elsewhere. I see it's actually a TikTok video and it's been around for a couple of months.

**** colored Vette anyway, Transpo company driver did the owner a favor...
:lol:
“Little beige Corvette
Baby you’re much too fast”

Just doesn’t sound the same.

Someone needs to learn coil placement, right @70bigblockdodge ? Or is it metal fatigue from too many loads like that?

1689351108838.png

Someone needs to learn coil placement, right @70bigblockdodge ? Or is it metal fatigue from too many loads like that?

View attachment 606268
I know zero about this from a practical standpoint ... I am total layman.

Looks to my noob eyes (using reference below), and based on this explanation, this coil (is that metal or paper? .. gotta be the latter I'd guess cuz I thought max wide for STEEL coil is like 8 feet?)) is too far aft for proper load balancing.

.. and would put great stress on trailer from midline of coil toward the kingpin. Could be that, and/or structural issues with trailer, and/or just plain overload (if steel, that could be at least 20(?) tons there).

source: Weight Distribution on a Flatbed Trailer: 5 Tips for Success

1689369621175.png

I know zero about this from a practical standpoint ... I am total layman.

Looks to my noob eyes (using reference below), and based on this explanation, this coil (is that metal or paper? .. gotta be the latter I'd guess cuz I thought max wide for STEEL coil is like 8 feet?)) is too far aft for proper load balancing.

.. and would put great stress on trailer from midline of coil toward the kingpin. Could be that, and/or structural issues with trailer, and/or just plain overload (if steel, that could be at least 20(?) tons there).

source: Weight Distribution on a Flatbed Trailer: 5 Tips for Success

View attachment 606288
I'm thinking steel. I don't think paper would be hauled on an open deck. That's a lot of stress on what is probably an aluminum trailer.

It's steel or aluminum. Judging from amount of chains probably around 50,000-60,000 or a extra "city chain" like I do because of the area I drive. Those drop decks take a beating with singles. The frame rails shorten height wise right ahead of the front axle, so the lower flange probably said enough is enough. It looks like a Riteniour trailer, and I have my opinions on them, and don't own one.
Placement is about right to make axle weights correct. 34,000 on the drives and each axle on the trailer is treated as a single if the spread on them is 10' 1" or more.

You must ride the 'Tail Of The Dragon', it's a required right of passage for every motorcyclist! Beside it'll be FUN!

SLAYER.000.gif

This was actually a full action Gif by 129Slayer, but I haven't yet figured out how to poach it off FB.
He 'don like people stealing his stuff, he he.

(edit) This one was so good I had to make my own!

Last edited:
You must ride the 'Tail Of The Dragon', it's a required right of passage for every motorcyclist! Beside it'll be FUN!

View attachment 607329

This was actually a full action Gif by 129Slayer, but I haven't yet figured out how to poach it off FB.
He 'don like people stealing his stuff, he he.

(edit) This one was so good I had to make my own!

The bike that is going away from the camera is a Honda ST1300 and is more than capable of handling that turn. Apparently the ride wasn't.

The bike that is going away from the camera is a Honda ST1300 and is more than capable of handling that turn. Apparently the ride wasn't.
There are 2 or 3 photographers that set up camp on some of the choice corners at the Dragon every day and make a living by selling pics of people riding/driving there. Same as with the Isle of Man TT, the TT FB groups are full of posts every year of the TT with people asking for who was the pho'tog up on 'The Mountain' wanting to buy the "Hey look at me I'm riding the TT" pics.
Of course the Dragon photographers get plenty of the bad and most likely first timers are distracted by their camp by the side of the road and comes the next corner... whoopsie they become camera fodder.

Back