Epic Whoops thread.

Plymouth Fury in Ditch.jpg

Donk wheel car gone bad...

DONKNESS.FAIL.jpg

A word to the wise, when you put these stupid large wheels on your car that the brakes were 'ENGINEERED' for the wheel/tire size that is on the mandated decal on the door jam you 'DE-ENGINEER' your stopping power/distance.

Epic Whoops? Epic Fail? or Epic Viral Video? Since the video has only 70k+ views since I first saw it on the 26th @4k views I'd say Epic Fail, should've had the WhistlinDiesel guy do it, it'a be in the million views by now. (That'll pay for a 1 to 2k$ 4k Drone)
Still a awesome view of the massive lava flow that this volcano has turned into.
Don't worry this ain't the first, National Geographic burned up a couple of drones with their scientists 3D mapping some other volcano awhile back.

Oh the embarrassment of an Imperial being towed from a GM dealership by a Ford wrecker.
184164104.jpg

If I can't laugh at my own misfortunes who will?

Oh yea I just found another couple of ones for the serious mechanics.

Customer States Can You Check The Fluids On My Truck.Cracked.Crank.jpg

And this one is from a overhead (single) camshaft Ford engine and the <ahem> 'Tech' thought that it was perfectly fine, something about running your fingernail across the bearing surface and if you feel the grooves it's a problem. Trouble is in the video he was wearing those black nitrile gloves that have the grippy surface when he ran his finger over the bearing surface. Conclusion is if you have a engine designed for synthetic oil you better be using the very best synthetic oil as it appears they are cheeping out and running a rotating shaft on a bearing less cam pedestal. Another thing I have learned is don't run your engine oil for more than 3,000 miles as many of these tech have shown what happens just at 5,000 and above oil changes.

FORD.OVERHEAD.CAM.BEARING.SCORING.IS.OK.jpg

Oh yea also what else, Cam chain tensioner breakage problems and the hack job some garages do in the repair ie not pulling the pan to retrieve all the broken plastic pieces out of the oil sump & screen. Aftermarket chains & tensioners (Dorman) are junk. Also on the Ford V6 Eco whatever engine, to replace the water pump is a 15 hour job <smh>

Back