Ever have to sell a friend to help a friend?

BiPolar

Reaction score
Today was a sad day. **** happens but I sold a dear friend of mine to help another friend. 1966 d100 318 poly 4 speed 8.75 longbed small window. Went to a good home and the funds will pay for the advancement of many other projects.ie 1966 300 interior....hope all yah all are working cuz we still arnt

I'm kinda at that point right now where I may have to make a choice. I have two cars, both of which I really like. I have another "holy grail" type car I want. I haven't found one... And I'm not up for a project car... But if the right one comes along, one car will have to go...

I'm kinda at that point right now where I may have to make a choice. I have two cars, both of which I really like. I have another "holy grail" type car I want. I haven't found one... And I'm not up for a project car... But if the right one comes along, one car will have to go...
Have all the believed to be my holy grail cars and trucks I need til dead, but theres always that one that will pass by with a for sale sign im not prepered for and it just passes by

To me, the appeal is in the build. Once a car goes from a project to a show car it turns into maintenance. You start driving it, (It's what I like to do), and it becomes a high maintenance used car. A few road trips and I'm ready for the next project.
Since I don't have the space and resources to keep them all, it has to go when the next dream car appears.
My 67 Polara will probably go that way once I start to get close on Virgil. (A long term 61 Fury convertible restoration).

dually in the background is a real prize. would love to have that with a rollback body.
0305200828-jpg.jpg

yeah, I'm selling my 64 lincoln continental Friday and it's tearing me up. It's such a good ride. But I have many others that need it's life blood, money. I've asked the wife if she minded me selling it, again, and she said go ahead. she was the last ditch effort to not sell it. Didn't work. (not surprising). 28 years in the family. It's been a good road.

Sucks even more when a car must be sold and the money goes to mundane **** like bills.

My problem is: running out of space and time, but refuse to sell anything. IOW, they're all holy grail.
(on 2nd thought, not sure that's a problem)

yeah, I'm selling my 64 lincoln continental Friday and it's tearing me up. It's such a good ride. But I have many others that need it's life blood, money. I've asked the wife if she minded me selling it, again, and she said go ahead. she was the last ditch effort to not sell it. Didn't work. (not surprising). 28 years in the family. It's been a good road.

28 years is alot of memories. And those are among the nicest car's ever made. Care to share some pictures?

My problem is: running out of space and time, but refuse to sell anything. IOW, they're all holy grail.
(on 2nd thought, not sure that's a problem)
I concur. Space,time and money. It's always hard to get all 3 factors to line up.
If I don't get rid of some parts cars soon,I risk getting a knock on the door from the you have too many cars police

yes..
2000..My first C body love 68 VIP. Had it for years but rust got the best of her. I just bought the 68 NYer and robbed what I could from the VIP and drove her to the wreckers.

Back in 2010 said goodbye to the 68 NYer to pay bills.
Shortly after that sold my 87 Dippy to buy my 73 Satelitte Waygun.

Fast forward to 2017..Sold my 83 K car and 83 Ramcharger to finance the completion of the BoaB.
Any regrets? NONE! In a short period of time I have been driving the wheels off the BoaB and lovin it.
Will make up for lost time again as soon as the state of emergency is lifted.

i got my roll back with a 70 d300 383 4spd under it . just right for cars n light pickups , carried my d200 home without issue , would not want it any longer so the crewcab will be another driver , thinking to marry those together d200 crew n d400 , and add rockwell 4x4 setup to it .
DSC01148.JPG
DSC01150.JPG
DSC07927.JPG
69220023.jpg

dodge cab on a c30 chassis with e350 wheels? no, d300. very cool though with that aluminum deck and a 383. my holy grail vehicle, but would have to be an f series though. old dodge carriers don't exist in eastern ct and i'm not gonna live long enough to build one. now if they keep sendin' those stimulus checks...

we used this rig in my dad's dealership . homemade n it worked great , could put one on top and pickup one on the stringer . i'll sell it reasonable . 75 f600 330 med ind 4spd n 2r/e . sold the crew cab next to it already .
69210005.jpg
69210006.jpg
69210007.jpg

Back