Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies

Not hoping for any ill will for any members. And how many of you have to buy it and have it not fit before it's the company's fault?

Not hoping for any ill will for any members. And how many of you have to buy it and have it not fit before it's the company's fault?

In case you are responding to my comment, I was joking and I thought that was clear. Yes, it is the company's fault and I really can't understand why they just can't keep getting it right once they have achieved that goal. Otherwise, they will just fail in their business at some point. Now where do we turn when we need these items? Very few shops left that even work on radiators anymore. I am glad Glen Ray Radiators is still around and a few others with capability still present. I did buy a number of nos heater cores for my C bodies 20+ years ago and will use them going forward. I have yet to have an evaporator fail on me but have not had good results relative to condensers.

One of the problems it seems is that they aren't selling any real volume of sales to Chrysler owners given what I am seeing in their current heater core listing on Ebay. They have sold 2 and both got them good reviews, so their rating is 100%:

69 70 71 72 73 Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth A/C Dual Heater Core Coil Heat HC5777 | eBay

At least at that price they do free shipping and they also say returns accepted. I need to buy a condenser from them anyway, so I will see how that turns out......since I don't know where else to get one that I have any faith in being able to just bolt in.

71 72 Chrysler New Yorker Newport Condenser OEM 3441614 AC3120 26" Radiator | eBay

I also don't understand this kind of satisfaction score from this company?

Feedback Profile

Last edited:
In case you are responding to my comment, I was joking and I thought that was clear. Yes, it is the company's fault and I really can't understand why they just can't keep getting it right once they have achieved that goal. Otherwise, they will just fail in their business at some point. Now where do we turn when we need these items? Very few shops left that even work on radiators anymore. I am glad Glen Ray Radiators is still around and a few others with capability still present. I did buy a number of nos heater cores for my C bodies 20+ years ago and will use them going forward. I have yet to have an evaporator fail on me but have not had good results relative to condensers.

One of the problems it seems is that they aren't selling any real volume of sales to Chrysler owners given what I am seeing in their current heater core listing on Ebay. They have sold 2 and both got them good reviews, so their rating is 100%:

69 70 71 72 73 Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth A/C Dual Heater Core Coil Heat HC5777 | eBay

At least at that price they do free shipping and they also say returns accepted. I need to buy a condenser from them anyway, so I will see how that turns out......since I don't know where else to get one that I have any faith in being able to just bolt in.

71 72 Chrysler New Yorker Newport Condenser OEM 3441614 AC3120 26" Radiator | eBay

I also don't understand this kind of satisfaction score from this company?

Feedback Profile
My experience w/ AC Global wasn't at all very good. I did a heater box rebuild w/ parts from DMT and AC Global. The evaporator fitment wasn't even close. The car in question belongs to @ayilar's 1972 Chrysler New Yorker. If you have followed the thread @ Meet buttercup, a 1972 New Yorker Brougham 2 door Hardtop you will see in detail some of the fitment issues what steps were taken to correct them. The basic centering of either heater or evaporator core on the template they use seems to me the most basic of failures. I was able to w/ modifications use there heater core. The evaporator core was another story. I had to send theirs and the OEM core removed and have an exact copy made. Small tweeks were necessary to the second core sent to me, but the fitment problems were cured. Follow @ayilar thread as it contains a lot of info that will help you.

Last edited:
It was directed to everyone. For some reason this company just doesn't learn from it's mistakes and makes life hard on itself and us

It was directed to everyone. For some reason this company just doesn't learn from it's mistakes and makes life hard on itself and us

Where is the negative feedback from you folks that tried to make their parts fit and had problems - that is what would get their attention? Otherwise they might well be oblivious to the headaches and problems they cause.

Performance Analysis Company that reproduces the Auto Temp II servos for our 1971 - 1973 C bodies sure doesn't operate like this - I would wager that every one of their customers is fully satisfied. I know I am........................

i'm just curious...back when this whole deal started weren't these pieces sold on e bay by AC Global themselves?...all the old links come up as gone...now their stuff is being sold by CCSautoparts? is this someone that bought them out and is cluelessly selling old inventory that doesnt fit?....maybe CCS has good reviews cause they sell a ton of other peoples stuff that fits? i see a lot of stuff in their store marked cooler classics and very few things marked as AC global

i'm just curious...back when this whole deal started weren't these pieces sold on e bay by AC Global themselves?...all the old links come up as gone...now their stuff is being sold by CCSautoparts? is this someone that bought them out and is cluelessly selling old inventory that doesnt fit?....maybe CCS has good reviews cause they sell a ton of other peoples stuff that fits? i see a lot of stuff in their store marked cooler classics and very few things marked as AC global

I am going to try to call them next week if they are in the office and try to find out the answer to that question and try to ask others as well.................................

I bought mine (ac and heater core) years ago on eBay yes. And I did talk to them and returned the ac. Like David, I found the heater core to be closer but found a gray beard to fix my replacement circa 1999 unit. I kept the heater core because it looked like it could be adapted to fit if needed in the future. It's a much smaller cheaper thing than OEM though

I bought mine (ac and heater core) years ago on eBay yes. And I did talk to them and returned the ac. Like David, I found the heater core to be closer but found a gray beard to fix my replacement circa 1999 unit. I kept the heater core because it looked like it could be adapted to fit if needed in the future. It's a much smaller cheaper thing than OEM though
Just so I am clear on your comment, did you by from AC Global/CCS years ago on ebay or was it someone else? At least the heater cores I have seen from this vendor seemed to look to be about the same size as original from what Tim was showing he received about a year ago now as I recall.

I do not mean to hijack this thread, but my project for 2023 is to replace my evaporator and heater core in my 1978 New Yorker Brougham. The car has 20K miles, with manual controls (no Auto Temp) and the heat is awesome, but the previous owner was not diligent in mouse proofing the heater box.

Last year I developed a very small leak in the evaporator and lost my R-12. I could have a local radiator shop repair it, but, as mentioned in previous threads, if you are doing this project, you want to do it correctly with "new" parts and ONCE .

After searching on-line, it appears that past 1972, there are no vendors that advertise for C-Body's NOS or re-fabricated - replacement components out there. The closest I have come is to locate one NOS heater core, possible at a NAPA.

If anyone has a lead on an evaporator and/or a heater core for a 440 1978 NY'er Brougham, or you have one that you purchased years ago and may decided to to sell, that would go to a good home, please drop me a email.

I don't remember the eBay name I bought from but my stuff looked like all the stuff the other guys have ended up with. I may have had a reseller intermediary in my way, but there are not a multitude of people making these

It looks like that post from CoolerClassics was taken down................but since he is from South Gate, CA he seems to be saying he now runs ACGlobal (now renamed??) since that is where they were located and wants to make things right. I guess the moderators took this part of this thread down probably because vendors are not supposed to interact directly with other members here???

No one answers at ccs autoparts this week so I will try to contact them next week hopefully and follow up to try and help this guy make our parts correctly (if my assumptions are correct) and this is a good indicator that they are...............

Cooler Classics | eBay Stores

I left a message at ccs earlier today saying that they were likely to lose their 100% feedback rating given the problems that numerous folks on a popular C body site are having with their products and if they start registering their complaints on Ebay, so that is perhaps the source of this now taken down post...................thanks @furious70 for somehow saving the thread for us to view.

Last edited:
I bought a no name evap off eBay last year, it was close but no cigar, wouldn't fit in the heater box. For both evap and heater cores they have to be pretty dead nuts on to both fit back in the box
Hi pretty certain we are who you bought the Evap from. Through trial and error I am learning there are multiple evaps that are similar. Currently in the process of narrowing down when and why these changes are happening so you guys are not the ones having to modify or at least you’ll know what needs to be done ahead of time.

It looks like that post from CoolerClassics was taken down................but since he is from South Gate, CA he seems to be saying he now runs ACGlobal (now renamed??) since that is where they were located and wants to make things right. I guess the moderators took this part of this thread down probably because vendors are not supposed to interact directly with other members here???

No one answers at ccs autoparts this week so I will try to contact them next week hopefully and follow up to try and help this guy make our parts correctly (if my assumptions are correct) and this is a good indicator that they are...............

Cooler Classics | eBay Stores

I left a message at ccs earlier today saying that they were likely to lose their 100% feedback rating given the problems that numerous folks on a popular C body site are having with their products and if they start registering their complaints on Ebay, so that is perhaps the source of this now taken down post...................thanks @furious70 for somehow saving the thread for us to view.
I still see the post. Im not trying to sell my parts on here just trying to see where I’m going wrong in the manufacturing process also as I’m reading the mopar manuals I’m seeing the possible issues

Update: The company I got my evap from is taking the unit back. It is NOT cooler classics, but another company in Florida, you all can figure out who that is. I'm not sure who makes it for them, but the thing was off just a smidge, but that's enough to make it not work at all.

Decided to go get my old one repaired since I know it'll fit. these boxes are such a pain, I can't afford to be messing around with it anymore.

I spent considerable time looking through all my 1969 through 1973 parts books (I have them for all the years) while waiting to go to my Christmas dinner engagement and came to some preliminary conclusions. It appears my assumptions that all fuselage vehicles would likely have the same heater cores since the housings that contain them mostly look the same are just wrong. So it appears a lot of the problem is with my/our assumptions more than the problem lying with AC Global.

From my preliminary findings, it appears the 1969 and 1970 models have the same heater cores as best I can tell (the 1969 parts book is lame and doesn't even have part numbers for some of the models, although it is an all original factory parts book, so I am having to make some assumptions there) but it appears the 1969 -70 heater cores are the same. I have also concluded that the 1971 - 1973 heater cores are all the same but there may be some caveats to applying that assumption as well. I will spend some more time to sort through everything yet hopefully this week. Then I will conctact @ CoolerClassics with my findings and work with them to sort out the issues so we get correct heater cores in the future. I am also working on getting the correct a/c evaporators as well for our cars sorted out as well.

The big "take away" for me at least is the number of changes Chrysler made for these fuselage vehicles during their production. I will focus on cars with a/c and non-Canadian or heater only cars since I am thinking there is not enough volume for those models to justify their investment but maybe I am wrong. Looking through those parts books tied my brain in knots trying to sort out all the details and was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are manual a/c equipped cars, ones with Autotemp I and II, non a/c cars, Canadian cars and having a/c standard on some Imperials and not other Chrysler products, cars with strato vent systems and even more issues to sort through. I felt sorry for the poor bastards that had to put those parts books together in the first place and for myself that had to sort through that mess to come up with some generalizations that would be accurate so AC Global could achieve our mutual objectives. I do not blame them at all for all the problems we have had. The problem is really on our end to supply them with the details to get their applications correct for models that will have enough volume to support their business case, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
I spent considerable time looking through all my 1969 through 1973 parts books while waiting to go to my Christmas dinner engagement and came to some preliminary conclusions. It appears my assumptions that all fuselage vehicles would likely have the same heater cores since the housings that contain them mostly look the same are just wrong. So it appears a lot of the problem is with my/our assumptions more than the problem lying with AC Global.

From my preliminary findings, it appears the 1969 and 1970 models have the same heater cores as best I can tell (the 1969 parts book is lame and doesn't even have part numbers for some of the models, although it is an all original factory parts book, so I am having to make some assumptions there) but it appears the 1969 -70 heater cores are the same. I have also concluded that the 1971 - 1973 heater cores are all the same but there may be some caveats to applying that assumption as well. I will spend some more time to sort through everything yet hopefully this week. Then I will conctact @ CoolerClassics with my findings and work with them to sort out the issues so we get correct heater cores in the future. I am also working on getting the correct a/c evaporators as well for our cars sorted out as well.

The big "take away" for me at least is the number of changes Chrysler made for these fuselage vehicles during their production. I will focus on cars with a/c and non-Canadian or heater only cars since I am thinking there is not enough volume for those models to justify their investment but maybe I am wrong. Looking through those parts books tied my brain in knots trying to sort out all the details and was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are manual a/c equipped cars, ones with Autotemp II, non a/c cars, Canadian cars and having a/c standard on some Imperials and not other Chrysler products, cars with strato vent systems and even more issues to sort through. I felt sorry for the poor bastards that had to put those parts books together in the first place and for myself that had to sort through that mess to come up with some generalizations that would be accurate so AC Global could achieve our mutual objectives. I do not blame them at all for all the problems we have had. The problem is really on our end to supply them with the details to get their applications correct for models that will have enough volume to support their business case, so stay tuned.
You know... I have some assorted fuselage C-Body A/C heater boxes stashed away. They aren't good enough to put in a car and I was saving them just for the heater cores and evaporators. The boxes are nothing to me though... If @CoolerClassics is interested (and a little patient, can't do it today), I can figure out what I have and work out giving these to them for research and fitment. Just have to pay for the shipping...

You know... I have some assorted fuselage C-Body A/C heater boxes stashed away. They aren't good enough to put in a car and I was saving them just for the heater cores and evaporators. The boxes are nothing to me though... If @CoolerClassics is interested (and a little patient, can't do it today), I can figure out what I have and work out giving these to them for research and fitment. Just have to pay for the shipping...
Your willingness to help is greatly appreciated John. Do you have the various boxes identified as to the vehicles they came out of and whether with or without a/c? Thanks!

Back