Exhaust manifold paint / anti-seize

David T. Ellis

Reaction score
Saw I'm here where someone painted their exhaust manifolds with silver anti-seize. Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, I have done this for five years after an old timer told me he did it on his 1950 Ford. I have not had to re-apply unless I missed a spot.

you can use the different types of anti seize for different colors as well, the base metal difference gives a little different shade

I've used the Calx manifold "dressing" and that worked great.

It looks just like anti-seize, so I would try using anti-seize.

Due to the fact that anytime anyone uses antisieze you end up with it up to your elbows and parts of your face. Using it on something that big, I'm sure I'd find it in the crack of me arse later.

On the note of Painting exhaust manifolds. I tried the POR 15 High Temp "manifold gray" and brushed it on. So far after 5000 miles, driving in rain and dirt roads, they still look awesome. I bead blasted them first, so prep is still key.

On the note of Painting exhaust manifolds. I tried the POR 15 High Temp "manifold gray" and brushed it on. So far after 5000 miles, driving in rain and dirt roads, they still look awesome. I bead blasted them first, so prep is still key.
I used same. After 3 years I did have to touch it up in a few places where pin pricks of rust came thru. I used wire wheel to prep.

Back