Exhaust tips opinions

Are they missing the salami slice? As was looking for a NOS resonator single exhaust ‘68 Polara 383 2bbl. I discovered from some of the NOS P/N for 440 single exhaust had different turndowns than mine (Salami slice). In ‘68 the dual exhaust didn’t use resonators. Not sure about later years
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Realizing that I have a minority opinion...I am not a fan of the turn down salami slice things. I do believe those ends are perfect for 100% numbers matching restorations.
Having said that...running tailpipes/tips a foot out from the rear valance is an abhorrence that should be killed with a sawzall.
There was a 67 or 68 Polara in the slab section that had what appeared to be 60-70 Charger tips. Those looked really good just popping out from the valance like a Charger. I'm sure the owner will be be removing them as part of his restoration process.
I'm going for a couple of slash cut tips just sticking past the valance. They are hardly truck tips...I have a truck and it has "truck tips". :lol:

IMO, turn downs win, even when they´re not totally factory correct.

18.5.2019 006.JPG

I vote and agree with the turn downs. The Challenger tips would look good BUT not in this case.

I have stupid truck tips on mine. Makes me sick.

View attachment 290285
Well it may be true that the muscle cars were the only ones with chrome tips on the tail pipe exposed etc but I still think any land yacht with V8 power n sound deserves a correct shaped and mounted dual exhaust with chrome tips to hear n see what today’s 4 n 6 cylinders will never have! Plus done right will class up the C bodies as does any good wheels n tires.

I prefer chrome tips on my car. I think it adds a bit of "pizzazz"...esp. to a two door coup car...
Capture+_2019-07-06-08-10-57~2.png

.and the tips resonate nicely at certain speeds, the 383 sings to me (chrysler has the best tunes, lol)....
0629181933d~2.jpg

still however.. I did want to avoid something like this....
Capture-_2018-03-13-20-49-59~3.png

not trashing the car or knocking the owners choices but I don't like how the exhaust is hanging down or the RR or Charger tips.

I once had a 70' Imperial with straight pipes in the hind quarters. The previous owner installed huge 3" dia. exhaust pipes without turning them down under the bumper (can that even be done with 3" pipe?) No tips for that car, Imperials demands turned down under the bumper exhaust.
0621182032~2.jpg

Back