F Nike!

Compulsory for employment. As in:

It was compulsory for my continued employment that I take a hazardous waste refresher course this morning.

For CEOs and others who "represent" a company or organization 24/7, they have morality clauses in their contracts. That means the CFO of let's say Purina Dog Food can't claim "It doesn't matter that I was playing a slot machine with a stripper on my lap... I wasn't at work!" He still gets fired.

The NFL leadership has decided that anthem protests damage their bottom line. To continue in their employ, you either stand quietly or stay in the locker room. If either of these don't work for you, you're free to end the contract.

Here, I will make it easy for you. I posted the pdf of the complete CBA signed in 2011 between the players and NFL. I'll save you the trouble of looking through hundreds of pages. Start at page 180 where discipline and fines begin. Since this is the contract in play at the moment find anything that backs your statements. Try not to equate the NFL with a regular corporation as they are not the same as clearly evidenced by this contract. Any attempt by the NFL to unilaterally add/change something in the CBA gets immediately hit with a lawsuit as would be the case in any contract.

Frankly this is not 1968 were the owners call the shots. The NFL and the owners need the players more than the players need the NFL. Last time there was a strike and replacement players were used fans stayed away in droves due to the inferior games played. Fans don't watch star owners they watch star players. Like I said next contract in 2021 will be very contentious and could quite probably witness a strike for the second time.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

But it does strike me as an admission of a vapid, amoral and destructive business model. (Which again, from a sweatshop company; what a surprise.)

No, the job of any CEO is first and foremost to increase sales and shareholder value or get canned and the same goes for the next and the next.

Your personal opinion carries no weight in this matter. If you were an investment counselor to others you would be duty bound to present them with the best possible returns despite your personal opinion.

Given that opinion how do you feel about McDonalds. Because of their high demand for beef fueling deforestation of the Brazilian Amazon to grow soy for short term gain. As anyone knows jungle land isn't good long term farmland as the nutrients are all surface and replenished by the forest every year. Once the forest is gone the land will eventually become unproductive which is a big net loss for Brazil. This to me beats Nike by light years as in 50 years it will be Kap who while Brazil is still stuck and worse off. So is McDonalds being amoral and destructive?

Here, I will make it easy for you. I posted the pdf of the complete CBA signed in 2011 between the players and NFL. I'll save you the trouble of looking through hundreds of pages. Start at page 180 where discipline and fines begin. Since this is the contract in play at the moment find anything that backs your statements. Try not to equate the NFL with a regular corporation as they are not the same as clearly evidenced by this contract. Any attempt by the NFL to unilaterally add/change something in the CBA gets immediately hit with a lawsuit as would be the case in any contract.

Frankly this is not 1968 were the owners call the shots. The NFL and the owners need the players more than the players need the NFL. Last time there was a strike and replacement players were used fans stayed away in droves due to the inferior games played. Fans don't watch star owners they watch star players. Like I said next contract in 2021 will be very contentious and could quite probably witness a strike for the second time.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

In a way, I almost feel bad that you're putting such effort into what are essentially word-game semantics.

I think we can agree the NFL is poorly run. One day there's an anthem policy, the next month it's gone. Pretty much a laughing stock.

Here’s what the NFL’s halted anthem policy means for everyone

The crux of the debate is simply "Does an organization have the right to terminate employment because of employee behavior while on the clock?" That's an obvious yes. Then I can provide examples of employees terminated for behavior even when they aren't working, which only reinforces that case.

If Kapernick has a case against his player union, or whatever team hired/fired him, he has every right to pursue it in court.

The second part of the issue; "is free speech protected?" Of course it is. Kapernick apparently isn't worth the risk/reward to NFL owners (make the maximum amount money... just like the Nike CEO). Kapernick may not be an NFL quarterback, but he hasn't lost his freedom. That's all the 1st amendment protects.

As for whom has the power; I could care less. If the NFL implodes, fine. If the players sit on the sidelines while replacements fumble the ball, that's OK. The market is at work here.

I can very clearly see the division between Kapernick's right to express himself and the owner's rights not to hire him.

I wonder which side of the debate you'd be on if a player expressed a homophobic, racist, intolerant thought? Would you be making the case they still deserved their job?

My logic holds up to either circumstance. Do you think a player should be able to light a candle during the anthem to protest abortion? How about tearing up a Mercedes catalog during the anthem to protest the 20% tariff on American car exports to Germany? (LOL, that would be AWESOME!)

Because I'd fire them as well.

Anymore, whenever I see this mug....
Krapernick.jpg

I think of this guy....just sayin.
OBL.png

What I'm doin tonight...
nikes burning.jpg

Mar, You may be on to something....
Baby #1...
son of OBL2.jpg

(cry) Baby #2...
krapernick2.jpg

Some smart assed decided they wanted to make it easier to get in and out, so they made up some stupid boycott. Naturally the slaves fell right in line with it and the rest of their customers are now enjoying reduced wait times.

No boycott of In-N-Out, says California Democratic Party leader

"Bauman attracted nationwide attention when he tweeted Aug. 29 that it was time to #BoycottInNOut because the chain had donated tens of thousands of dollars to the California Republican Party."

'Course they don't mention that INO donated the exact same amount to both parties.
The slaves - Ha!!!

You are right, they have given equally to Democrat causes.

Obviously the inmates run the NFL asylum. Commissioner seems just a political figurehead.

As for Nike. That swoosh in on a lot more product than just those ridiculous expensive shoes people collect. Easy to spot and therefore easy to avoid.

Thanks for some balance to the discussion.

Every day that apathy on the one side and hate on the other side for differing points of view grows, China becomes increasingly the world leader.

Many of you guys say you want to save our country from destruction, but your attitudes are its greatest threat.

Losers never solve their problems, they just let them grow......................................

Back