Facebook Doesn't Give A Crap

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Unbelievable, I reported this post and the poster as a scam. First of all it's priced at least $50 grand below market value and the exact same ad is posted in 50 different cities. They informed me that they aren't removing it because they don't see a problem. WTF!!!
20240131_071227.jpg
20240131_071416.jpg

But, oooh, post a meme they disapprove of, "SNAP!" it's gone!
Yeah, I posted a for sale ad for a pair of 73 Charger back up lights. They denied it and said it violated their standards. It was identical to all the other ads I've posted so I asked for an explanation. No response even after requesting it 6 times! :mad:

Facebook makes no sense sometimes.

My step daughter had her account hacked, then stolen... As in someone else started using it and changed the password and email so she couldn't get back in. FB wouldn't help at all.

I reported a rather disturbing pic once that showed an engine block with .... ummm... two sex toys on top of it... Rather large ones at that. They wrote me back and told me they didn't see a problem.

I get these "You've been blocked for one hour" notices on crackbook, almost on a daily basis. Never an explanation, or even what was posted so I could see my egregious crime against FB society.

And don't you dare make a post asking for the deletion of Taylor Swift at NFL games!!! You hateful bastard!!!

Facebook staff wouldn't know a Corvette from a Chevette. :lol:

While on the topic of fecebook, I wonder if someone can answer this FB usability question.

I'm asking because I signed up for FB maybe 3 years ago, only to access the marketplace, and only to be able to set some seach criteria in the auto section just so I can get email notifications of any matches (any particular cars that come up for sale). I'm doing this on a PC (not a phone, I don't own a cell phone) so maybe I've got too much blocking and stuff going on in my browser.

I want to be able to set a criteria for certain car make / brand / year range in FB marketplace, I want FB to remember my search criteria, I want to get email notifications of any matches, and I don't want to have to log into FB on some regular / frequent basis just to make sure my marketplace search criteria is still there, up and running so to speak. My experience is that FB doesn't seem to remember my search criteria beyond the current log-in session, and I have no way of knowing or even telling FB to notify me of a match, let alone get an email.

I contrast this with Kijiji (and all Canucks will know this) - that you can set a search criteria, then close and walk away and you will get email notifications of matches. Very nice, and dependable.

For those that are life-long FB marketplace users, will FB do this as I describe?

For those that discover and post C-bodies for sale on FB here on FCBO, how did you discover them? Was it because of a search you had just done, or because of a notification setting you have for FB marketplace that kicked in and you were somehow notified of it?

Back