Favorite Forward Look Cars

It is much easier for me to just say what my Favorite 50s GM cars are, then to pick my favorite Exner. So here they are.

60 Pontiac.

View attachment 120219 View attachment 120220

58 Impala.

View attachment 120221 View attachment 120222

Hey Zach, if you are going to show a 60 Pontiac, why not go to one more year to a 1961 when they really got nice!

f2a96e0a9e3cd0dddd4baf3c840f164a.jpg

Trying to pick a favorite FL model is like trying to pick your favorite child. They all had awesome styling, truly a work of art & each make had their distinctive characteristics . A couple years ago at Carlisle the Forward Look was featured at Beanie Motors and the cars there were amazing to see up close. Being a Plymouth guy like my dad & grandfather were I'd go with a 60 Plymouth Fury. Then a 59 DeSoto, 58 Chrysler 300, 60 Dodge Coronet, ... heck, this could go on for a while. You get the idea.

I might as well join the discussion here are my forward looks
1 1957 plymouth savoy ( totaled in 1987) I sued the other party and won
2 1961 fury (destroyed by fire.)
3 1961 fury (currently under restoration) I was very fortunate to find a replacement. I would of done some sanding on the car but I was sick in bed but now I am feeling better and its time for me to get some sleep

Berdine Christine's older cousin.jpg

131786_4860614880204_266012081_o.jpg

2014-07-18 06.25.12.jpg

It is much easier for me to just say what my Favorite 50s GM cars are then to pick my favorite Exner. So here they are.

60 Pontiac.

View attachment 120219 View attachment 120220

58 Impala.

View attachment 120221 View attachment 120222
Funny you should mention. I'd not paid too much attention to Pontiac past 59. However, I came across a guy on Youtube who picked up this 60 Catalina, 30 (+/-) 000 original mile car who was cleaning it up, doing some minor repairs and over the course of watching his progress, I totally fell in love with this car.

I have seen the red and white '60 in person.
Yeah gave this one to my son in-law because he was always behind the wheel of one of my cars and got her off of Dorsey at a steal of a price i could not pass up and it only took a total price of 14 hundred bucks to get this Forward Look back on the road after a long 27 years of sitting .... its always good to have a stash of parts laying around .... well thats what i tell my wife. ..... > Here is a Pic of the happy owner of the new for 1960 Plymouth Savoy !!

13102745_10208458275445784_2533986007830970948_n.jpg
13043536_10208458277645839_2053845905881735234_n.jpg

[QUOTE="Vanish, got her off of Dorsey at a steal of a price

I just bought a deck lid for my 61 Fury from Dorsey, after looking for a year and a half. He had it all the time but forgot. Gotta love Dorsey.
Will.

I might as well join the discussion here are my forward looks
1 1957 plymouth savoy ( totaled in 1987) I sued the other party and won
2 1961 fury (destroyed by fire.)
3 1961 fury (currently under restoration) I was very fortunate to find a replacement. I would of done some sanding on the car but I was sick in bed but now I am feeling better and its time for me to get some sleep

Steph your family had so much tragedy with your older cars glad you didn't just get fed up and went with the easy way out and buy a newer car ... hats off to you and your dad true Mopar car people at heart.

I just bought a deck lid for my 61 Fury from Dorsey, after looking for a year and a half. He had it all the time but forgot. Gotta love Dorsey.
Will.

Yeah you right on that one you gotta love the guy and he is honest to the core and can take a joke and dish it right back great fella.

Trying to pick a favorite FL model is like trying to pick your favorite child. They all had awesome styling, truly a work of art & each make had their distinctive characteristics . A couple years ago at Carlisle the Forward Look was featured at Beanie Motors and the cars there were amazing to see up close. Being a Plymouth guy like my dad & grandfather were I'd go with a 60 Plymouth Fury. Then a 59 DeSoto, 58 Chrysler 300, 60 Dodge Coronet, ... heck, this could go on for a while. You get the idea.

Dang Mrfury68 you live just around 1,500,000 stone throw's away from me ..... give or take a few thousand .... or around twenty miles the way the crow fly's

Butch

Last edited:

Will.
I met Dorsey at the PACE car show in Pulaski, TN back in 2014 . He has seen my current '61 in person.

Hey Zach, if you are going to show a 60 Pontiac, why not go to one more year to a 1961 when they really got nice!

f2a96e0a9e3cd0dddd4baf3c840f164a.jpg
I like both years for a Pontiac. Neighbor lady always had Catalina converts. These two years were my favs. Both red metallic, white top and red interiors. They were the unofficial "parade car" for local events. Good memories of all the neighborhood kids piling in those things for a ride. A lot of six yr olds can fit in those cars.

very tough to make a list.

But here it is

1) 58 Desoto Adventurer /Fireflite (with high rear glass)
2) 57 Chrysler New Yorker
3) 57 300C
4) 57 Desoto Adventurer/Fireflite (with high rear glass)
5) 59 Adventurer

gap

6) 59 Dodge Custom Royal
7) 57 Dodge Custom Royal
8) 60 Dodge Matador/Polara
9) 60 Chrysler 300 F
10) 61 Plymouth Fury (best alien award)

All of them 2dr HTs, please

Carsten

Ya know? Some of these models look pretty good as a four door. I really like a loaded six window sedan. The formals especially look good either way.

I think it would be easier to list the Forward Cars I don't like - umm

lessee

um

maybe

um

well,

I can say the 61 DeSoto is my least favorite. just can't get past that walrus nose up front. But even that wouldn't keep me away - just not my first choice.

I think it would be easier to list the Forward Cars I don't like - umm

lessee

um

maybe

um

well,

I can say the 61 DeSoto is my least favorite. just can't get past that walrus nose up front. But even that wouldn't keep me away - just not my first choice.

most ugly even though still decent:
59 Plymouth

Back