FCBO at Volo Museum

Multi-tasking my time at the shop today watching the Bears/Ravens game and making some windshield and event signs (rattle canned in Chrysler Blue) for the meet next Saturday.
See everyone there.
FCBO sign.jpg

Welcome to the site Pablo. Hope you make it to the Volo event on October 21st.
Just a thought here, you may want to try to post your FB page on the Welcome Wagon or Parts for Sale section on this site.
If you're trying to buy/sell parts that may be a better option for you than an Event thread.

Weather looks to be great for Saturday! Cleaning up the Polara starting tonight! See you guys there! Anyone in the rockford area that's planning on going wanna meet up for breakfast/coffee then cruise to Volo? Let me know.

IMG_20171011_173703.jpg

@71Polara383, Nice ride!
Just checked the weather for Volo this Saturday, and it's showing high of 73, Party sunny, breezy and warm. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for all of us.
BTW, did you get any responses back from the people from facebook page Keep C bodies alive and rollin wanting to join us? (I'm not on FB)
Counting my 2 cars, I know of about 10 so far that plan on attending or will try to make it. If there are more you know of, let me know so I can let the people at Volo know.
I sent out a bunch of PM's to people on FCBO trying to get the word out about the meet just incase they don't regularly visit the "Events" section on this site. So if you got a PM from me, I was just trying to reach as many people as possible in the short time this "idea" turned into a real get together! It would be a nice surprise to see 15, 20, 25 cars show up.
Lastly, when people start showing up, please register your ride at the tent by my 72 Imperial. Your name will be put in a bucket for a drawing for a door prize for something I bought to give away. See everyone there on Saturday!

@71Polara383, Nice ride!
Just checked the weather for Volo this Saturday, and it's showing high of 73, Party sunny, breezy and warm. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for all of us.
BTW, did you get any responses back from the people from facebook page Keep C bodies alive and rollin wanting to join us? (I'm not on FB)
Counting my 2 cars, I know of about 10 so far that plan on attending or will try to make it. If there are more you know of, let me know so I can let the people at Volo know.
I sent out a bunch of PM's to people on FCBO trying to get the word out about the meet just incase they don't regularly visit the "Events" section on this site. So if you got a PM from me, I was just trying to reach as many people as possible in the short time this "idea" turned into a real get together! It would be a nice surprise to see 15, 20, 25 cars show up.
Lastly, when people start showing up, please register your ride at the tent by my 72 Imperial. Your name will be put in a bucket for a drawing for a door prize for something I bought to give away. See everyone there on Saturday!
I haven't heard much from Facebook. We will see. Id hope to see a good handful of cars!

@71Polara383, Nice ride!
My hat is off to you sir, nice work! I wish I could be there. Plenty of pics including a members group shot.:thumbsup:

So I may be showing up in wedding attire (not my wedding mind you).

I have brokered a tentative deal to go to Volo first and then meet my g-friend at the wedding.

My idler arm broke last night. Part should be in Friday afternoon. If I have to borrow the Broughams I will. Not gonna miss a c body event

So I may be showing up in wedding attire (not my wedding mind you).

I have brokered a tentative deal to go to Volo first and then meet my g-friend at the wedding.

It's nice to have an understanding woman by your side. Believe me, I can't begin to tell you the long list of things my wife lets me get away with when it comes to cars.

My hat is off to you sir, nice work! I wish I could be there. Plenty of pics including a members group shot.:thumbsup:
Thanks detmatt! I am glad this thing has come together, and the responses it has received.
Truth be told, finding time to put this in motion, was just one more thing added to my long list of daily duties between the business and family, but life is too short not to have fun with the people who have the same interests.
This was a challenge, and I didn't know what I was getting myself into when it all started as this being my first attempt, but as Knute Rockne once said, "Courage means being afraid to do something, but still doing it"
If this turns out to be an annual event, I hope to see you next year.

This will be my last post prior to tomorrow's meet.
The next one will have the pic's that I know you all like to see.:D
One last thing I want to mention is that there is a professional photographer at the museum. His name is Dick Sheppard, who has his own office within the museum, and will be there tomorrow. So if you got your cars all shined up, you may want to look him up. I plan on speaking with him about getting a group picture of attendees if you guys have no objections to that.
See everyone tomorrow!!

Damn, I wish I were anywhere near this! Have fun and take lots of photos, all!

Very excited for tomorrow! Thanks for setting this up. We will have to make it an annual thing. Maybe if it doesnt catch on fully we could do a c body show/cruise together with the Belvidere show. Food for thought.

Welp..........
Tomorrow is da big day ............. !!
Get 'em gass'd and all shined up....
I Know I will be hitting the car wash on my way there with what I am driving...
:thumbsup:

This will be my last post prior to tomorrow's meet.
The next one will have the pic's that I know you all like to see.:D
One last thing I want to mention is that there is a professional photographer at the museum. His name is Dick Sheppard, who has his own office within the museum, and will be there tomorrow. So if you got your cars all shined up, you may want to look him up. I plan on speaking with him about getting a group picture of attendees if you guys have no objections to that.
See everyone tomorrow!!
I hope you folks have a great day. @sixpkrt you are doing a bang up good job putting this together... wish I could attend.

Welll,, cantflip...
We all had a FANTASTIK day....
Great weather...
Great peeps...
Great cars .....
Small turnout.... BIG fun......

And a big thanks to sixpkrt for tossin' this together.....
:thumbsup:

Back