Final Decision on Imp Wheels

Stormer

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
OK, I've made my final decision but I need a little help from you boys.

1972 Imperial. What is the exact bolt pattern (5.5"?), max width & offset?

I wanna go 18's but the ones I like are 18X8 & I think that's maybe too wide?

Or, I may just go with these & make it easy on myself but I really don't want that much sidewall.

http://www.hobbycar.com/chrysler.html

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 9.52.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 9.52.11 PM.jpg

There is not much room in the wheel house, considering the size of the car. 8" wide is the max I would think, depending on how wide the rim protectors (tires, haha) are.

They look good to me. It's all in the backspacing but 8" sounds wide for a c-body if you plan to run skirts if not get the right backspacing and tire size and I imagine they'll fit.

I'll see if I can find any measuring devices for you. I think Mopar perf has a kit to calc backspacing if you want to take a look

I've seen guys run Chevy truck rims on IMP's and the factory rims I've seen used the most are the 15x8 6 slot's, never seen anyone run anything bigger. Just thought of that.

I've seen guys run Chevy truck rims on IMP's and the factory rims I've seen used the most are the 15x8 6 slot's, never seen anyone run anything bigger. Just thought of that.

I do not know .. do IMPs have a different bolt pattern that the rest of the C and B body line up? I'm asking because the rest all have a 4.5 bolt pattern unlike the chevies 5". I have no idea what you mean by 15x8 6 slot's unless it's Cop wheels which are 7".

Imps' are 5 on 5 pattern, same as GM 1/2 tons. When I said 6 holes I forgot that I'm a part of two worlds, Mopar and GM
I run the GM 6 holes in the Winter

Nick

I think the 72 has a different bolt pattern. I'll drive out to the car & check tomorrow.

image.jpg

I ordered these this morning. 18X8 with 4.75 backspacing. They take 6 to 7 weeks to build.

image.jpg

I like those a lot but they look like they'll take forever to detail when needed.

Thanks, I love them & can't wait.

They make a supposed spray on/rinse off cleaner. We'll see....

From what i have found most Imperials are 5x5" bolt partern, which is the same as chevy fullsize trucks ( before they went to 6 lug) and most new jeeps. I'm running 18"x8.5"s and 20"x8.5"s on my 68. They clear.

Do you have a better picture of the rims you're using? It looks like there is a cap that goes over the lug nuts. I'd love to see the rims your using and where you bought them.

Thanks,

From what i have found most Imperials are 5x5" bolt partern, which is the same as chevy fullsize trucks ( before they went to 6 lug) and most new jeeps. I'm running 18"x8.5"s and 20"x8.5"s on my 68. They clear.

Back