For Mark. Here you go. Whip out the checkbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
No Reserve - and it's still below market value in my opinion.
In fact, I'm predicting the buyer will be running it through B-J next month at a reserve of twice his purchase price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131061602669

$_3.JPG

This is the real deal, factory setup 425 horsepower from a high compression (11:1) 409 cubic inch monster fueling through two massive 4 barrel carbs. This is the setup 4 speed manual to the Positrak rear end. No extra weight, this Impala SS 409 is radio and heater delete from the factory. No horsepower drain, this car is manual steering. This car sounds mean through it's dual exhaust and it's not bluffing, it do go fast. 6000 miles since a professional frame off restoration. Everything is correct right down to the rare factory water pump idler pulley! Under the hood the engine compartment has been fully detailed and restored to factory specs. This car even has the correct intake and air cleaner! The only modification is the addition of an ethanol vapor injection system so this brute can perform on today's low octane fuel. Every nut and bolt has been replaced or restored on this Impala and any rust or damaged sheet metal has been replaced with fresh sheet metal. The undercarriage received as much attention as the rest of the car and the floor boards were even finished in the original factory correct zinc chromate green. The frame is perfect.
The black exterior looks great! It is shiney black and the chrome really sets it off. The interior is black also and all the original trim looks very nice. Happy bid!!

Last edited:
Those Torque-Thrust 'D' wheels and BFG white letter tires really make that car.

Sold already........that is ok because if you saw the size of my checkbook you'd be laughing so hard you wouldn't be able to type right now. Gorgeous car though.

I did find a '69 Cougar XR7 rag, 390/4,4 spd, AC, one of 47 made with the wide ratio 4 spd, for sale that is within my price range.......tried to contact the owner, have not heard back yet. It may be sold or rotted bad underneath.

Ad at least says it's a factory Impala SS 409 radio and heater delete car. If I were in the market for the best power to weight ratio I would have opted for the 2dr Biscayne. But maybe you were in a more promising class at the drags with an Impala model ? Price seems pretty low for the real thing.

The balls in your court .............. After all, your the one who benefited from the "bottom of the barrel" trivia.

Will and I are walking around the car field at Daytona chatting up a storm about details of the cars we were seeing. All makes, all models. I don't know how we got on the subject but Will mentioned how a lot of people who claim to be Chevy guys don't really know their Chevys. As an example, Will explained to me on how to tell a Chevy 348 block from a 409 block. The oil dipsticks are on opposite sides. I was very impressed (once again) at the depth of knowledge that Will had of all cars, not just Mopars (you really need to know about his life's experiences to appreciate Will. He is very modest). I said "wow' and I then commented to him how I was a was a just a little bit smarter today. I never knew how to quickly I.D. between the two and it was something that with a $1.50 would get me a cup of coffee.

Fast Forward not even twenty minutes later.

We're back sitting under the tent chit chatting some more and a blowhard parked next to Will's car started bragging how he was a walking encyclopedia (his words) on cars. To show his brilliance he started to give us an example of his extensive knowledge by saying: "Here's something nobody knows about. You know how to tell the difference between a 348 and a four-O....
I snapped out before he could complete the sentence: "the dipsticks are on opposite sides".
I looked at Will and we pissed our pants laughing.
A once in a lifetime golden opportunity to give a priceless in-your-face-disgrace to a GM guy.

THANK YOU, WILL. :yaayy:

Last edited:
Well told Stan.

So ...... based on your newfound knowledge ...... Is this fellow checking the oil on a 348 or 409 ....? Lets assume he's right handed.

texaco sign (Large).jpg

Great story Stan! Did I say I wish I could have been there?

Well told Stan.

So ...... based on your newfound knowledge ...... Is this fellow checking the oil on a 348 or 409 ....? Lets assume he's right handed.
Trick question. You held back on me. You never did tell me that part. You weren't about to part with your entire knowledge bank.

Trick question. You held back on me. You never did tell me that part. You weren't about to part with your entire knowledge bank.

Yeah ... your right. Trick question.
This sign was hanging on the wall at the shiny diner in daytona. I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back