Forgotten, Abandoned, Back Yard Hoards, and Project Purgatory Cars

BigblueC

Reaction score
My job has me on the road a lot burning up country roads and city streets alike, and I'm sure there are a few others here doing similar. Recently I started snapping pictures of cars in some state of "rest" that catch my eye, so I though I would create a place to post what I see, and see what others contribute. The over all theme is forgotten, abandoned, back yard hoards, project purgatory cars and the like. If there's any interest in this, let's see whats out there.

These Chevys are located out in the sticks.
100_0491.JPG
100_0492.JPG
100_0493.JPG

These have been for sale for about a decade. The owner seems to be a 60s Ford guy as I've seen a few T Birds and Mustangs come and go here.
100_0050.JPG

Local Studebaker hoard. This guy use to have dozens of Studebakers (and wouldn't sell us needed parts). Now it looks like he's only got a hand full laying around. There are 6 side-by-side here. I'll get a better pic next time I'm in the area.
100_0043.JPG

Saw these two near Troy NY a few weeks ago. A pity really. I posted this in another thread but what the heck,,here we go again.

IMG_20170226_123801.jpg

IMG_20170226_123818.jpg

Here's one in the wood that you don't stumble across, ever. The pic was taken on the image date and last time I checked it's still there.
A-body in the woods.JPG

The location of these two has to remain a secret for now. There's a lot of rusty gold out here and I've been driving by now and then for 7-8 years hoping to catch some one there. Recently I found a working flatbed with a name & number sitting in the yard so I think I found a contact.
KIMG0399.jpg

The 65 was spotted today and is a new addition. If anyone recognizes the place please PM me.
102_0129.JPG

Saw these two near Troy NY a few weeks ago. A pity really. I posted this in another thread but what the heck,,here we go again.

View attachment 118285
View attachment 118286

I stopped and looked at that car in 2004. I was about to walk over to the other cars parked near the house when a ghostly looking guy dressed in every type/color of Walmart camouflage stepped out from behind the garage. He proceeded to tell me nothing was for sale and I couldn't look at any other cars. I got in my 'vert and drove away. I've been driving by regularly ever since, nothing changes. Just melting deeper into the ground.

John

I stopped and looked at that car in 2004. I was about to walk over to the other cars parked near the house when a ghostly looking guy dressed in every type/color of Walmart camouflage stepped out from behind the garage. He proceeded to tell me nothing was for sale and I couldn't look at any other cars. I got in my 'vert and drove away. I've been driving by regularly ever since, nothing changes. Just melting deeper into the ground.

John

Very interesting you say that. I pulled in and saw a very run down house ,,really run down. In front was a brand new Dodge or Chevy huge pickup crew cab thingy. I knew this was a bad sign. I got a real bad vibe that if I stuck around too long I would see a shot gun or something. Rte 9 yes? There was a bunch of other stuff in the next lot. Thought I saw a few possible C bodies there too.

The location of these two has to remain a secret for now. There's a lot of rusty gold out here and I've been driving by now and then for 7-8 years hoping to catch some one there. Recently I found a working flatbed with a name & number sitting in the yard so I think I found a contact.
View attachment 118288

The 65 was spotted today and is a new addition. If anyone recognizes the place please PM me.
View attachment 118289
Any photos of the blue Imperial facing it?, thanks for starting this thread.

He proceeded to tell me nothing was for sale and I couldn't look at any other cars.

I know of 2 impalas (a 61 and a 65) with 2 different owners who are like that. Even though I don't need any more projects, I hate people that just let decent cars/trucks rust away. In my experience they're always the ones who obviously could use the money, but in their mind they "will get to it one day".

I decided to ride by the yard with the above Imperial and 65 today. As luck would have it somebody was there so I stopped and talked. Turns out it's a working shop, father and son, I talked to the son today. He said they sell parts and cars. The 65 is a letter car with a/c and will most likely be sold as a whole car. He also said they are Mopar guys. There's plenty out there (all makes) and they have another location with cars from the 30's-80's. So I found my contact.
102_0129a.jpg

That ('66?) LeBaron looks like it might be in fairly good nick.
I decided to ride by the yard with the above Imperial and 65 today. As luck would have it somebody was there so I stopped and talked. Turns out it's a working shop, father and son, I talked to the son today. He said they sell parts and cars. The 65 is a letter car with a/c and will most likely be sold as a whole car. He also said they are Mopar guys. There's plenty out there (all makes) and they have another location with cars from the 30's-80's. So I found my contact.
View attachment 118343
And they put a pallet on it! :BangHead:

View attachment 118285
View attachment 118286
For some strange reason I really like the Belvedere. I got a flash nostalgia from when I was growing up in Michigan in the late 60's. It seems like every farm family had a 4 door B body Mopar sitting around.

View attachment 118288

View attachment 118289
Thats a letter car. You can tell by the narrower lower chrome strip.

EDIT** Nevermind.. I saw in a later post that you stopped in and identified it as a "L"....

well i don't have drive or walk any where . because i'm one , i think , lol . well i just don't still on them , i've sold a number of them over the years , some i should have kept , lol . here is some pics , well you get the picture , and this ate even all ,lol .
DSC08177.JPG
DSC08130.JPG
DSC03617.JPG
DSC06653.JPG
Scan0044_0044.jpg
Scan0043_0043.jpg
at least the bikes aren't mine , lol .

Back