Forgotten, Abandoned, Back Yard Hoards, and Project Purgatory Cars

A few pics I picked up on various forums...

hemi (1).jpg
junked-cars-500-3.jpg
junked-cars-500-6.jpg
junked-cars-500-13.jpg
junked-cars-500-20.jpg
junked-cars-500-31.jpg
junked-cars-500-10.jpg
junked-cars-500-14.jpg
junked-cars-500-15.jpg
junked-cars-500-17.jpg

X-frame Chevys are some of the first cars that grabbed my attention when I was a kid (I have 2 64' now). I've seen maybe 2 of the delivery wagons over the years and 1 60' Nomad. I know of 2 X-frame El Caminos around here in case you're feeling the itch:lol:,a nice driver and one that's been on a rotisserie for 3-4 years now. I think it's an abandoned project now, I'll add it to this thread the next time I go by it. If only I had Leno's abilities...
Nope the itch for those came and went after my local boneyard ran out of parts. I am in touch with the guy i sold mine to on the west coast in case i ever want it back. Had a mild 350 with a muncie M-21 4 speed. Manual steering, power disc brakes. I did a body off frame resto. A lot of work, lots of home made sheetmetal parts. Dont want to do that again. Buyer took all the stick shift stuff out and put in a slushbox. I am back home into mopars again. Likely until i die now

town panel and a town wagon , had the panels a 57 and a 64 . i love your town wagon way better then either panel . but there cool in their right . that back half was carried from 54 , til i though the military that them new to 68 . for this 60 p/u in the hills around here , had a wooden rear bumper on it . i've change it a bit . this is what it started at for me .

13090013.jpg

13090014.jpg

DCP01179.JPG

DCP01180.JPG

Spent some time on the road to day and got a couple pics. I saw the Dodge across the street form a gas station when I filled up.
DSCF4345.JPG

I had been told about this Rolls a few months back. The story is that someone bought it in the 80's or 90's and died couple of years ago, leaving it as part of an estate. The people who inherited the car took it to some local tow shop wanting them to get it going, but had no money, so it's been sitting where it is for a few years. It originally had some fuel issue or something and now rats have gotten into the wiring. It's in pretty good shape. I was told it could be bought for what sounds like not a lot of money, but I would imagine fixing it right could get expensive. Maybe I need a "new" work car to drive around?
DSCF4342.JPG

Get'r'done... Don't let the brand name fool you. Lots of these high end cars use regular replacement parts. My '89 Lotus for example has a Chevy ECU in it, because GM owned Lotus as a holding company back then. My '77 Lotus has a Chrysler alternator and voltage regulator on it and a GM Air conditioning compressor.. go figure

WTF
hemi-1-jpg.121660

Fiero... dressed up $50
junked-cars-500-38-jpg.121672

The way the axles sit... I'd bet it's a kit too
junked-cars-500-14-jpg.121665

Sorry, I'd be slightly more inclined to beat my head on the wall trying to save one of the Brits than the Italians here. And this German... I though they all dissolved...
junked-cars-500-41-jpg.121673

Judging by the roof... It's a real POS...

That brand holds very little appeal to me, and I'm not that big of a Don Johnson fan. If I was, I would want the Cuda... but too common apparently.
Nash-Bridges-Cuda.jpg
I'll split those with you 50/50 Jeff.:thumbsup:

Get'r'done... Don't let the brand name fool you. Lots of these high end cars use regular replacement parts. My '89 Lotus for example has a Chevy ECU in it, because GM owned Lotus as a holding company back then. My '77 Lotus has a Chrysler alternator and voltage regulator on it and a GM Air conditioning compressor.. go figure

The brakes & suspension on the RR are deal breakers for most. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati have used many Fiat and Alfa parts in the past. Still not cheap. For the most part though, if your determined, patient, and persistent you can fix anything.

thought it was less , but it happen at the wrong time for my funds , but had a bud with a bunch of cash . he was hoarding for a deal . but he was a be a hoarder . yep shoulda coulda , lol .

The brakes & suspension on the RR are deal breakers for most.
Not that I'm interested in pursuing the Rolls, I have too many projects now, but what can you tell me about the brake and suspension problems? It must be debilitating to these cars as there use to be another one here in town that was left to rot because of something to do with suspension and/or electronics.

Back