Forward Looks

Reaction score
Hi,I am a new member here. I joined because I like the Forward Look cars and noticed there had been some posted here in the classifieds when I was doing a google search.
I had a 1960 Belvedere many years back as a daily driver and was hoping to find another 1960 Plymouth with either a slant six or 318 for a daily driver. even a four door is fine with me.
Anyway,I am curious,Forward Look cars,the 1957-1961 big fin era cars are not C bodies,right?

Thanks Commando! I do like the later mopars too,up until the early 70's,but the 57-61 cars are my personal favorites.

Edit-Site related question,are pm's called conversations here?

You ought to check out the 74-78 Formal's.

Eeeew !
smiley-whacky117.gif

smiley-taunt003.gif

[QUOTE="SuddenlyIts1960!,

Edit-Site related question,are pm's called conversations here?[/QUOTE]

:welcome: From Will in Alabama.
The PM/conversation is a relatively new addition here, (was PM, now conversation). I don't get it either.
There is a lot of love for the Exner period cars here. Several of us own them. Mine is a 1961 Plymouth Fury convertible. My dream car since dad wouldn't let me buy one in 1965.

Hi,I am a new member here. I joined because I like the Forward Look cars and noticed there had been some posted here in the classifieds when I was doing a google search.
I had a 1960 Belvedere many years back as a daily driver and was hoping to find another 1960 Plymouth with either a slant six or 318 for a daily driver. even a four door is fine with me.
Anyway,I am curious,Forward Look cars,the 1957-1961 big fin era cars are not C bodies,right?
Check Hemmings motor news , ebay, or forward look. There will be someone in forwardlook who will be willing to help you with your search. I had help through them finding another '61 plymouth after my last 1 was destroyed by fire. My advice if you have is as a daily driver have it appraised before you insure it. These daily driver insurance companies love to play you for a fool when these cars get hit by some idiot. I would recommend that you put classic car insurance on it like Hagertys.

Check Hemmings motor news , ebay, or forward look. There will be someone in forwardlook who will be willing to help you with your search. I had help through them finding another '61 plymouth after my last 1 was destroyed by fire. My advice if you have is as a daily driver have it appraised before you insure it. These daily driver insurance companies love to play you for a fool when these cars get hit by some idiot. I would recommend that you put classic car insurance on it like Hagertys.

I haven't joined the Forward Look website yet,but have looked at the classifieds today. Ive been checking Craigslist,Hemmings,EPay,etc. So far haven't seen anything good in state. I thought I found a 57 Plymouyh,but the guy who owned it was mistaken and it was a 56. Must not be a Mopar guy as they look nothing alike.

I am really sorry to hear you lost your last 61 in a fire. I lost a car due to a wreckless driver and know how that feels,its not like you can just go right out and find another one around the corner in the same condition. I know the insurance companys give you a hard time about these cars if they are used for daily driver use. they usually expect you to hardly drive the car at all.

Glad you were able to find another 1961. I like the front ends on them,and the instrument panel is wild beyond belief! Too bad Exner could have forced them into keeping the fins on Plymouth for one more year.

I haven't joined the Forward Look website yet,but have looked at the classifieds today. Ive been checking Craigslist,Hemmings,EPay,etc. So far haven't seen anything good in state. I thought I found a 57 Plymouyh,but the guy who owned it was mistaken and it was a 56. Must not be a Mopar guy as they look nothing alike.

I am really sorry to hear you lost your last 61 in a fire. I lost a car due to a wreckless driver and know how that feels,its not like you can just go right out and find another one around the corner in the same condition. I know the insurance companys give you a hard time about these cars if they are used for daily driver use. they usually expect you to hardly drive the car at all.
I am going to tell you what happened . 1 of my relatives decided to burn trash the day before with dry grass around the following morning there was a grass fire then later a loud explosion then black smoke and flames. I could of gotten really ugly towards this person but did not. I know some one who would have big time . He would of told this person even if its family " You better get yourself to the bank and get a loan because you are paying for this car. His daddy and step daddy would of told this person the same thing . You caused the car to get burned up now you have to pay for it.
When these daily driver insurance companies give you a hard time when your classic is wrecked and they want to total it mention the word attorney. They hate to hear that word

Glad you were able to find another 1961. I like the front ends on them,and the instrument panel is wild beyond belief! Too bad Exner could have forced them into keeping the fins on Plymouth for one more year.
Do not feel bad I lost a 1957 plymouth due to some idiot pulling out infront of me . I will be honest if I seen the other driver I would of beaten the living hell out of her and I would not care if there was a cop standing there I was mad enough to do it. I regret not mentioning the word attorney to the other party's insurance company when My '57 was wrecked.

Last edited:
Do not feel bad I lost a 1957 plymouth due to some idiot pulling out infront of me . I will be honest if I seen the other driver I would of beaten the living hell out of her and I would not care if there was a cop standing there I was mad enough to do it. I regret not mentioning the word attorney to the other party's insurance company when My '57 was wrecked.

Mine was a Savoy and I felt the same way. I could have killed the guy where he stood. Especially since it was negligence that cause the accident. someone looking at their phone and texting when their eyes should have been on the road. It always upsets me that they are called "accidents" as though the driver wasn't at fault and some freak act of nature or unforeseen mechanical issue caused the car to collide with another. most "accidents" are cause by the stupidity or willfull negligence of one or more drivers.

While it is a painful experience to go through the loss,and into the steering wheel. Life is too short to worry about what might be and let it prevent you from driving beautiful cars like these. the joy of looking throught the wrap around windshield and seeing a sleek pair of fins darting past crappy modern cars in your rear mirror far outweighs all else.

Welcome to the site! I too am more into the Forward look cars albeit the ba$tardised versions of '61 and '62. Not quite Forward and not yet influenced by Elwood.

I got a few questions for you. What condition are you looking for? Restored, daily driver or total project.
How far are you willing or able to travel for the car and what is your budget? Reason I am asking is that there are a few 1960 Plymouths over on the Forward look site under the "ebay, craigslist & other finds" heading. Scroll through there or do a search because I know of one in your area/state that keeps coming up every other month.
Now that I think about it, it might be a '59......

Welcome to the site! I too am more into the Forward look cars albeit the ba$tardised versions of '61 and '62. Not quite Forward and not yet influenced by Elwood.

I got a few questions for you. What condition are you looking for? Restored, daily driver or total project.
How far are you willing or able to travel for the car and what is your budget? Reason I am asking is that there are a few 1960 Plymouths over on the Forward look site under the "ebay, craigslist & other finds" heading. Scroll through there or do a search because I know of one in your area/state that keeps coming up every other month.
Now that I think about it, it might be a '59......

Thanks,I would like to find something within Southern California,los Angeles,Anaheim,etc. looking for something with no rust or extremely little rust,must be in good mechanical shape and daily drivable with original running gear. I've seen some with chevy engines and transmission in them.
Is the plymouth you at thinking of a 1960 four door sedan?
most of the 4 drs people are asking $4,500-$7,500 for with 7,500 being excellent condition. Still most won't spend that much on a 4dr. I'd also be open to 57-58 plymouth.

Back