58 Savoy.

James.Z

Reaction score
Hey y'all.
Just touchin base.
Working on my Savoy. Almost, not quite, ready for the road. Has not been registered since before 1984. So.... this is a pain. Lol.
I'm in Alberta.

In the late 80's I found a 57 Belvedere. Just a shell. Sold it about... 1988. Wish I hadn't. In 2017 I found the man I sold it to and asked if he had it. Nope. Had his though that he would sell to me. A 58 Savoy.
I looked at it and immediately noticed the front fenders. They are off my Belvedere. So cool.
So I bought it. Finally got to working on it. It needs a bit. Registry wants big inspection.
So, needs rear diff swap. Car has no E Brake and requires one.
Used to be on transmission but car now has a 3spd manual, floor shift, out of a van. Rear diff swap will get me E Brake.
1967 318 Poly, rebuilt, 4BBL Edelbrock.
So, here I am. Searching for all kinds of whatnots and info. Ya know.

20230730_123131.jpg

Hey y'all.
Just touchin base.
Working on my Savoy. Almost, not quite, ready for the road. Has not been registered since before 1984. So.... this is a pain. Lol.
I'm in Alberta.

In the late 80's I found a 57 Belvedere. Just a shell. Sold it about... 1988. Wish I hadn't. In 2017 I found the man I sold it to and asked if he had it. Nope. Had his though that he would sell to me. A 58 Savoy.
I looked at it and immediately noticed the front fenders. They are off my Belvedere. So cool.
So I bought it. Finally got to working on it. It needs a bit. Registry wants big inspection.
So, needs rear diff swap. Car has no E Brake and requires one.
Used to be on transmission but car now has a 3spd manual, floor shift, out of a van. Rear diff swap will get me E Brake.
1967 318 Poly, rebuilt, 4BBL Edelbrock.
So, here I am. Searching for all kinds of whatnots and info. Ya know.

View attachment 611582
Looks like a fun project. Post your parts needs in a wanted thread in the Marketplace forums.

Nice car. What's your plan body/paint wise?, did the previous owner keep all the correct side trim?

Nice car. What's your plan body/paint wise?, did the previous owner keep all the correct side trim?
No plans yet.
There was enough trim to do it over three or four times.
I left it safely in the rafters of his shop till I was ready for it. He passed away a year later. His Son in law scrapped the whole place. I tried to get my trim but it's all gone.

I like the camouflage-chameleon paint job it has now !!!
Actually, so do I.

The man I bought it from told me as I was leaving, with a finger poking my chest he said "DONT PAINT MY CAR RED!"
I walked outta the DMV last Saturday after finding out he never registered the car, which makes it a pain for me, and I looked up and told him I'm painting it fuckin red Lawrence.
He passed away a year after I purchased it.

Can't go wrong with red body, white top, makes the chrome pop.

Back