58 Savoy.

That is not a good way to support the car. Use jack stands or at least something a little stronger. As commamdo1 said, "that bead isn't sitting right". Is that tire mounted, or did you just stick it on to get an idea of the fit?

That is not a good way to support the car. Use jack stands or at least something a little stronger. As commamdo1 said, "that bead isn't sitting right". Is that tire mounted, or did you just stick it on to get an idea of the fit?
The car is fully supported on a scissor lift. I looks like he mounted a tire on a wheel and didn't air it up, stuck it on the wheel studs, and supported the tire on a plastic crate just to see what it would look like.

That would be funny sitting a car on plastic boxes.

These are my 18"

20230910_165525.jpg

20230910_165548.jpg

Now, I'd like larger tires.
Maybe a 275/70R18.
Not these but used for visual.
Of course they would stuff better with weight on suspension.
Looks like I'm going to cut the wheel well. Have to to make a tire like that fit.

20230910_190535.jpg

20230910_190545.jpg

20230910_190603.jpg

I have one question and if I sound a bit snippy, so be it.
With the body needing so much work, why are you flucking around so much about your wheels and tires?

I have one question and if I sound a bit snippy, so be it.
With the body needing so much work, why are you flucking around so much about your wheels and tires?
Not snippy.
That is all part of it.
With needing a major inspection I need to work on all of it. Most the floor is done. That's next after I get the wheels and brakes sorted out. Also wiring and interior.
Definitely going with as little as possible. Just enough to satisfy the Registration.
After that I can alter anything.
Just looking at tires and wheel combinations now so I know where it's headed. I just swapped the rear differential. Now when I'm satisfied there I will move forward on the next item.
A long way to go but I want the car mobile.
If that makes any sense.
By the way, exterior body work is really not going to be a concern. Paint is nowhere in the future.

Now, I'd like larger tires.
Maybe a 275/70R18.
Not these but used for visual.
Of course they would stuff better with weight on suspension.
Looks like I'm going to cut the wheel well. Have to to make a tire like that fit.

View attachment 616212

View attachment 616213

View attachment 616214
If you're talking about cutting the forward part of the wheel well for fitment, consider moving the rear end back 1/2" to 1" instead. The way I did mine (in a Dart), was I drilled another locating hole in the spring perch. You can also put a spacer in front of the forward spring hanger, but that changes the angle of your shackles.

Back