found a nice 69 300 factory photo on Ebay....

sauterd

Reaction score
factory.jpg

Ive had that pic for while now...but always love to see it. Fuselage cars are so beautiful....and the side profiles...awesome!! .esp. two door hardtop coups....very cool picture...I feel just like that when heading down the interstate, lol. Thx for sharing.

I look at that roofline: The designers back in the day called it the "super roof". The story goes, they were annoyed (to put it mildly) by the fact that they had to use the same glass and roofline on both the Sedans, 4d Hardtops, and 2d Hardtops. What further added to their pain, that roofline came from the Dodge design studio, and the directors picked it.

In hindsight, it looks perfect.

one other question, anyone know when the front fender light/signal was enlarged on the 69? Was it a mid-year deal? I've seen both small and large on the 69's.

Dale

one other question, anyone know when the front fender light/signal was enlarged on the 69? Was it a mid-year deal? I've seen both small and large on the 69's.

Dale
The standard 69 marker was a small reflector. A larger version incorporated a cornering light and was optional.

No side marker lens...
'69s didn't have side marker lens. Somebody at Chrysler very carefully read the regs from the Feds and realized they could get away with reflectors. But the intent was side marker lights and the feds quickly closed the loophole and Chrysler was back to side marker lights from 1970 onward.

Yep, nice....too bad only in black & white.
Nearly all press release photos were black & white instead of colour because most newspapers routinely printed photos in black & white. It wasn't until the middle of the decade that press kits started to include colour 35mm slides sometimes along with b&w photos and sometimes in place of b&w photos. These slides were latter replaced with CDs with all the pictures on them and they in turn have been replaced by the manufacturer's website where journalists log on and download which ever pictures they want to use/run with the stories they file.

Back