Fuel, Bump stops, and U bolts

monaco75

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some new parts.. Cant seem to find em, any of you know of a vendor who might have these??

Double fuel line clips.

All I've come up with is these for the earlier years...

965-ACS011.jpg

Also looking for rear bump stops. I can find the bump stops for the control arms, but not the rears. The bolt literally disintigrated in front of me. Wasn't even messing with it. The other half is still in the frame. I could still use these I suppose, but why not get new if I can?

One other thing is the rear end U bolts for a 9.25. I've got a set of 67 8.75 shock plates I would like to use, to eliminate the Isoclamps. Are U bolts the same size between all rear ends?

Thanks!
zac

Hey guys, I'm looking for some new parts.. Cant seem to find em, any of you know of a vendor who might have these??

Double fuel line clips.

All I've come up with is these for the earlier years...

965-ACS011.jpg

Also looking for rear bump stops. I can find the bump stops for the control arms, but not the rears. The bolt literally disintigrated in front of me. Wasn't even messing with it. The other half is still in the frame. I could still use these I suppose, but why not get new if I can?

One other thing is the rear end U bolts for a 9.25. I've got a set of 67 8.75 shock plates I would like to use, to eliminate the Isoclamps. Are U bolts the same size between all rear ends?

Thanks!
zac

Fuel line clips: Try Clipsandfasteners.com

Rear axle bump stops: Any spring shop worth the name should have or be able to get them.

8.75" shock plates with a 9¼" axle: I wouldn't want to bet the u-bolts would be the same. When you're at the spring shop for the bump stops, ask about the u-bolts. The spring shop will have them too. Or be able to make them.

These are common clips, you may not find them listed for a C-Body but they are the same.
On my brake lines I pulled three different styles, I have only seen one style sold (the one shown above)

I'd check with the typical sources like Year One and Classic

Alan

Thanks guys!

Alright, I just got off the phone with firm feel. They have everything I need, so placed the order. The shock plates I have will work fine. Might have to drill out the locating bolt hole in the center a tiny bit, but also might not need to.

Heres all the old, with the 8.75 shock plate.

The iso clamp rear ends have a huge hole in the center of the perch. They sell a hockey puck type piece to use as a spacer, with new hardware.

The locating pin/bolt has a pyramid type look to it, with a step towards the bottom leaf. They sell another hockey puck type piece to use here as well.

Also ordered new u bolts, and shackle bushings. A little more then I wanted to spend, but I know firm feel sells quality stuff, and are worth it. Was around $130.

Now on to the other stuff. I forgot to ask about the bump stops... Damnit! Thanks for the leads on the clips guys!

Posting detailed pics is priceless.
It will eventually end up as an image hit.

Already have a couple image hits on google. If you look up c body 9.25 in images theres a few pics from my other 9.25 thread. There was already one for one of the pics above of the bump stop. Hopefully it'll help somebody.

Summit has some generic fuel line clips I'm gonna go with. Year one had the same ones, but it was gonna be $70 vs $30 through summit! Just for a few clips. Also gonna order the master overhaul kit for the rear.

Anybody know where I can get a clutch set for the suregrip going into the rear? Spicer has a part, but looks like its for the newer version of the 9.25??

One more thing... Stan, is the NYB still up on the lift?? Could you take a few pics of the fuel line setup around the tank? I've got the basic idea, but didn't take any before pics before I ripped it out..... :head_smack:

One more thing... Stan, is the NYB still up on the lift?? Could you take a few pics of the fuel line setup around the tank? I've got the basic idea, but didn't take any before pics before I ripped it out..... :head_smack:

After my Drs. apt today, I will pull out the Newport underneath it and snap some for you.

BTW, I need from someone a snapshot of the three front splash shields of a Formal. Can't for the life of me remember how they were configured.

BTW, I need from someone a snapshot of the three front splash shields of a Formal. Can't for the life of me remember how they were configured.

Idk if I'll be much help to you Stan. I only see 3 shields on mine total. But you can see how crusty the underside is.. Maybe it rusted off?? If you need more close up shots let me know!

Shield for where the CAT used to be.

Huge shield for the muffler.

Shield for the tranny linkages.

Anybody got a spare drivers side muffler shield for a formal?

Idk if I'll be much help to you Stan. I only see 3 shields on mine total. But you can see how crusty the underside is.. Maybe it rusted off?? If you need more close up shots let me know!

Shield for where the CAT used to be.

Huge shield for the muffler.

Shield for the tranny linkages.

Anybody got a spare drivers side muffler shield for a formal?

PM sent

I was referring to the three rubber splash shields that go between the bumper and the radiator support. One wide middle piece and two end pieces that wrap up into the wheel well and clip to the front bottom of the inner fender.

Posted via Topify on Android

I was referring to the three rubber splash shields that go between the bumper and the radiator support. One wide middle piece and two end pieces that wrap up into the wheel well and clip to the front bottom of the inner fender.

I don't know when I'll get a day off to get my NYB on a lift on a day the Craft Shop is open to take pictures. Maybe Sunday if my current test is completed.

Just took em off! Had a nice rubber line run with em when the lines rotted out lol

Crap, my bad.. Saw sheilds, and automatically thought those! I'll try and get a couple shots tomarrow.

Man it's tight up there.
Tried as best I could to capture the two lines.
One, the fuel deliver line, and
two, the vapor return line (vent).

ir4wls.jpg

286y4bd.jpg

zispvs.jpg

21lr5zt.jpg

Back