Fuel line on 1965 New Yorker

blakev42

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker that has a 413 engine with a 750 cfm carburetor, I’m gonna change all the fuel lines to pfte hose and I don’t know what size to use 6an line or 8an line, what should I use?

6AN would be the same as 3/8". Unless you have a super hi performance race gas guzzling motor you dont need the flow of 8AN or the slightly higher expense.

6AN would be the same as 3/8". Unless you have a super hi performance race gas guzzling motor you dont need the flow of 8AN or the slightly higher expens
6AN would be the same as 3/8". Unless you have a super hi performance race gas guzzling motor you dont need the flow of 8AN or the slightly higher expense.
ok thank you, I’ll be buying 6an

Its even more complicated than that. With 8AN you have more fuel to be pulling against and stock pumps can struggle getting past the additional weight of the fuel in an 8AN line.

Its even more complicated than that. With 8AN you have more fuel to be pulling against and stock pumps can struggle getting past the additional weight of the fuel in an 8AN line.
:thumbsup: lol I didn't want to make anything more confusing getting into the science of hydraulics

Sorry Bud, but hydraulics don't work that way. The size of the line will make no difference, unless it is so restrictive the pump can't overcome the pressure losses. A larger line is better for the pump.

You’d be fine with 5/16” line, even the -6 isn’t needed.

My car originally was a 318 and it has stock 5/16 line with a Carter street/strip pump and I don’t have any fuel starvation issues with the 440.

Back