Fuel Line

Reaction score
What are you guys running for a fuel line on a 65 Big Block? When I bought my car they had a filter on the inlet side of the Fuel Pump. On the Outlet side they had a rubber tube, 3/8" I believe tie wrapped to the heater hoses with a glass filter in the middle on top of the intake. You could watch the fuel boil inside the Glass Filter.
I have since cut it loose and shortened it up but alot of folks more knowledgeable than me have told me to get rid of the Glass Filter and the Rubber feed line.
A picture sure would be helpful of what I have to buy and do, I keep hearing of these glass filters beccoming fire balls.
Thanks in advance

5/16ths hard line from fuel pump to carburetor with a fuel filter in between. The fuel filter has a 5/16ths inlet and outlet and is spliced into that hard line with 5/16ths rubber hose. I have never been fuel starved for not running 3/8ths.

Posted via Topify using Android

Here's an original setup. Of course, this is a 2 bbl, but the first shows the fuel line coming off the carb. The second shows the fuel line off the pump and up behind the alternator and you can just make out the filter behind the alternator.
Mike fuel line 2.jpgFuel line.jpgfuel line 2.jpgFuel line.jpg

fuel line 2.jpg

Fuel line.jpg

Thanks, I will see if i can find the hard line, It looks kinda like a brake line, so I guess you have to get a tubing bender and flare tool and make your own. Not only that it will look alot better than that rubber tubing. I wish I would of paid more attention to stuff at Carlisle that might come up like this.

Fine Lines show a carb to fuel pump line kit for $20 for 383 with AFB (I assume that is what you have). For $20 you can't buy a decent flare tool.

AAP and AZ have a flaring tool in the Loaner Tool program.

Fine Lines show a carb to fuel pump line kit for $20 for 383 with AFB (I assume that is what you have). For $20 you can't buy a decent flare tool.

I have a 426 Wedge but I bookmarked their page so I can call them. I do not see a parts listing on their site, Thanks

Any raised block with the type.of carb you have.should.work except multi carbs they are really only year.specific not really body style a/c may effect any of the line people should have what you need

Ordered one from FineLines and only 20 bucks, had to order one for a 65' 383 w/ carter afb. I think it will fit, thanks guys

That should be fine may have to stretch it up a bit maybe 3/4" no big deal. How about the piece from filter to carb, can be made kinda easy curve about 6 inches

That should be fine may have to stretch it up a bit maybe 3/4" no big deal. How about the piece from filter to carb, can be made kinda easy curve about 6 inches

After I get this done and the filter where its supposed to be I will tackle the inlet to the fuel pump, whoever had it before me put the filter about 3 inches on the inlet side of the Fuel Pump. Also had a guy at the car show where I was at Friday with a 71 Barracuda Convert 383 tell me I have the wrong PCV Valve, the one I have is for a small block, thats something I never knew mattered.

I run the factory setup - steel line from tank to pump spliced with rubber (short lengths - less than 3" ). Then steel from pump to steel body filter spliced with rubber (short lengths) and kept off anything around it. I hate those glass filters - they soak up a bunch of heat and don't filter very well in addition to leaking on occasion if they loosen up. I like the steel body Wix (car Quest) in line filters.

Also had a guy at the car show where I was at Friday with a 71 Barracuda Convert 383 tell me I have the wrong PCV Valve, the one I have is for a small block, thats something I never knew mattered.
Tell him to take a hike. He's a numbers Nazi.
Your PCV will work fine.
It's not PCV Valve. That's akin to saying ATM Machine.

Back