Gary and Dale's Big Adventure

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So Saturday morning I get a call from Dale here in town telling me he cant fit a car into the storage bay he rented. The car arrived from Carlisle that very morning and he didnt have anywhere else to put it. So I jumped in my truck and came to have a look see. Damn, this day turned out to be a road melter.
Nope no way that big thing could be turned in the lanes of the storage facility and the lady running the place didnt understand the need for one at the end of a lane in a staggered building. Oh well, we agreed to bring it to my place for storage and I got to drive it home with Dale following me.

It was a nice drive except for the crazies on the road. (And no A/C, doesnt work right now)What is it about driving a classic car and all of a sudden you attract all sorts of potential "incidents" along the way? Anyway, the car drove real nice but it does have a tight accelerator and very touchy brakes. All in all though, a very nice ride. The car is in nice condition too and wont take much at all to bring it up to top notch condition. Check out the picks below. Dale has got himself a real nice car with some sweet options, original 440 car with electric windows and cruise control, ATC A/C and nice road wheels too. Top works nicely too. Some of the windows are a bit sticky and will need servicing but thats little stuff.

One.jpg
Two.jpg
Two1.jpg

Very nice car and who's 69 is that?

So Saturday morning I get a call from Dale here in town telling me he cant fit a car into the storage bay he rented. The car arrived from Carlisle that very morning and he didnt have anywhere else to put it. So I jumped in my truck and came to have a look see. Damn, this day turned out to be a road melter.
Nope no way that big thing could be turned in the lanes of the storage facility and the lady running the place didnt understand the need for one at the end of a lane in a staggered building. Oh well, we agreed to bring it to my place for storage and I got to drive it home with Dale following me.

It was a nice drive except for the crazies on the road. (And no A/C, doesnt work right now)What is it about driving a classic car and all of a sudden you attract all sorts of potential "incidents" along the way? Anyway, the car drove real nice but it does have a tight accelerator and very touchy brakes. All in all though, a very nice ride. The car is in nice condition too and wont take much at all to bring it up to top notch condition. Check out the picks below. Dale has got himself a real nice car with some sweet options, original 440 car with electric windows and cruise control, ATC A/C and nice road wheels too. Top works nicely too. Some of the windows are a bit sticky and will need servicing but thats little stuff.

View attachment 86579 View attachment 86580 View attachment 86581

Way-ta-go! Dale!

Like to see pics of the 69........

Interesting, could be another factory 440 car, if so it will be one of 8. What's the VIN, something like PM27T0D1404xx

hi all, and thanks very much to Gary for saving my butt (and my car) from sitting out in the evil NC July sunshine. It was a bit erratic buy even for me, but i believe according to another member is one of 7 or 8, see link below.
1970 Fury Convertible Owners

Brian sold it to me. Very nice guy by the way.

So, i saw on the original post on for sale ya'll wanted to see the tag and I will post it there as well, and here. If anyone wants to decode for me, go for it, otherwise I'll try my best later in the day. Again, thanks much to "brother" Gary for saving the day.

Dale
IMG_9502.JPG

Nice ride, I must have been half asleep when I first read the post because my first thought was Gary's GT. Must be the green paint

Back