General-autombile related images

sauterd

Reaction score
first1.jpg

Dale, how about starting a thread exclusively for posting all these cool photos in one place?

Dale, how about starting a thread exclusively for posting all these cool photos in one place?
sure, great idea. So, (I'm a little slow) should i just named the third something like "all types of mopar photos and put that thread under General Discussion. just want to do it the right way..thanks.

The original poster can change the title to "Gas stations of our past" or something similar. Go to "Thread tools" which is in the upper right corner of the first post and you will see "Edit title".

Last edited:
If my dream ever happens and my neighbor across the street passes on and his wife sells me the house that is falling down. It is to make a West facing 40 X 60 building with an overhang in the front to look like a gas station of to 20's or 30's with a 15' front overhang. Perhaps the first 30' with 10' walls and a south facing 9' tall door. I would then make the remaining 30' with 14' walls and a east side 12' door plus a 30' overhang. To maximize storage is to have the appearance of the inside of a gas station when looking thru the West side door flanked by a 4' X 4' window on each side. I hope to find three pictures of this interior and have a vinyl application made to apply to the inside of the door/windows. Inside I like to have one of the new drive on hoists that is mobile. Have two Reznor heaters fed by natural gas. Perhaps a curtain separating the 10' tall side from the rest. That way you only heat the side you need. On YouTube there are some neat pictures of service stations. I also purchased the book "One Hundred Years of Gas Stations" by Wayne Henderson. It is a huge hard cover book for $50.

I decided to google that ^ image for the first time and found this description: The Auto Wash Bowl was built in Chicago in 1924 by The Newway Auto Cleaning & Service Corp., allowing drivers to run around in circles to clean off the undercarriage. After that, they drove into a stall where they'd get a proper wash by an attendant.

I wonder how many electric cars or other low riding modern cars would be stuck in there if this was still a thing. Could be a kind of pit-fall trap for dumb-*** drivers today.

Considering that in those days there were more dirt roads then paved roads, that often became mud pits after a lot of rain a car wash like that makes a lot of sense. It's better then washing all that mud off in your own yard!
also helps to swell and tighten the wood spoke wheels

Back