Get your Hankook Optimo H724 WW tires while you can!

The Dodge wheel cover from the back shows the smaller center on the left, '65 300 on the right.

I think it can be done, but as @D Cluley said, it's not going to be a simple swap.

It would be worth getting a cheap Dodge wheel cover to try.
15 inch Dodge cap.jpg
1706962911099.png

Thanks for that important information!

Perhaps going to a vehicle wrap shop, showing them the picture of the 300 insert, then seeing if they might design the tri-color outer ring with "300" in the middle? Then getting a sheet of those images printed on the wrap material, die-cut, then apply over the Dodge center insert, carefully.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I need new tires for my hardtop. I figured I'd go for 235/75R15 whitewalls this time, while I can still get some for a reasonable price from a mainline tire manufacturer. I called a local tire shop and they said the Cooper Trendsetter SE and Hankook Kinergy ST H375 are both discontinued! The Nexen N Priz AH5 are still available to order.

No idea who makes these tires or if any are actually available:

I have Sailun Inspire and Atrezzo tires on a couple of my 300m's and a pair of Sailun Ice Blazer's I put on the front for snow (which hardly saw any use this year). They've performed just fine, no problems or issues. It's too bad they don't make the touring WW in a few 14" sizes, but yes they are an excellent option for 15" rims.

Those are a little wide but they still look good.
A little wider than for 1966, a little narrower than for 1957, but close enough that they'll work for many decades and brands.

AT this point in time, I'm not going to be really picky. If I was, I'd be at Diamondback to get what I wanted . . . for a price.

CBODY67

AT this point in time, I'm not going to be really picky. If I was, I'd be at Diamondback to get what I wanted . . . for a price.
There's the rub then, isn't it? I have found that if I don't get what I want, I remain disappointed as long as I have the substitute. Therefore, I will pay the price if I really want something specific.

If it's not available, that's another story.

There's the rub then, isn't it? I have found that if I don't get what I want, I remain disappointed as long as I have the substitute. Therefore, I will pay the price if I really want something specific.

If it's not available, that's another story.
I concur, but as time progresses, it seems that more "will work" solutions exist rather than "direct-fit" items. In MANY areas of our civilization, those who can remember the "direct-fit" items, when they were available and plentiful, consider anything else as "mediocre" or "otherwise solutions". Unless we can find where we can get the "better stuff" at decent prices.

Growing up, I always considered the 1966 whitewall width orientation to be "modern" and "advanced" as the older "whitewall to the rim" widths" old, but did look good on the cars they were designed for". When the wide whitewalls reappeared in the middle 1970s, I was not a fan. BTAIM

Many different people have different orientations of "correct whitewall width", so whatever works, works.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I need new tires for my hardtop. I figured I'd go for 235/75R15 whitewalls this time, while I can still get some for a reasonable price from a mainline tire manufacturer. I called a local tire shop and they said the Cooper Trendsetter SE and Hankook Kinergy ST H375 are both discontinued! The Nexen N Priz AH5 are still available to order.
dang, options are getting limited. :confused:

When the wide whitewalls reappeared in the middle 1970s, I was not a fan. BTAIM
Personally, I can't stand to see them on a car 1960 or newer. And one from the '70s, :wideyed:

I still have these tires. Haven't been used for 19 years, but I can't throw them away. They are in my backyard as I write this!

70driversside.JPG

A little wider than for 1966, a little narrower than for 1957, but close enough that they'll work for many decades and brands.

CBODY67
These ones go for about $150 a tire CAD for that price point, I'd be willing to live with them being a bit wide.

Good info, thank you.

I have the Nexen tires on one of my cars already, in the slightly smaller 225/75R15 size. They seem fine, though I've probably only driven 3000 miles on them.
I just got a quote for the Nexens in 235/75R15 at $153 CAD each.

IMG_4993_16x9_mod.jpg

IMG_5362_resize.jpg

Back