GG-1 introduction

Thank you neighbor.. I was hoping someone here was close by.. and uh, as you pointed out, even closer than me! I'd love to get together sometime.. let's exchange garage visits.

Not sure how to exchange garages, but I'll give it a shot.

I have a better idea. Since you're both in the approximate Neighborhood, Why don't you both buzz down to Carlisle on the 14th and or the 15th and let us ALL DROOL on two more very fine C-Bodyz? WIN-WIN, Jer

I have a better idea. Since you're both in the approximate Neighborhood, Why don't you both buzz down to Carlisle on the 14th and or the 15th and let us ALL DROOL on two more very fine C-Bodyz? WIN-WIN, Jer
Thanks Jer.. that is a great idea! As soon as I get my VIP road worthy(hopefully with lots of helpful, expert guidance from the many fine folks here on FCBO), then I would be thrilled and honored to join my newfound C-family in Carlisle.
Maybe John and I could race each other to the fairgrounds.

Thanks Jer.. that is a great idea! As soon as I get my VIP road worthy(hopefully with lots of helpful, expert guidance from the many fine folks here on FCBO), then I would be thrilled and honored to join my newfound C-family in Carlisle.

If you consider the blistering speed of 55 as a race!! Then I'm in.. lol

Are you tellin' all us Gear Headz that 14.4K 50 Y O Plymouth ain't road worthy? Come on Alex, It ain't even broke in yet! If I thought you were one of those Trailer Queen type folkz that lined up all the Phillips Headz and Waxed their Lug Nutz, I wouldn't bother pecking out my line of Ka-kah. FIRST AND SECOND PLACE WALL PLAQUES at Carlisle are awarded by popular vote by other attendees who have carz on the show field as well. An "ATTA BOY" from that crowd iz like ah thumbz up from ah passing car on the Hi-way only more betterer. I took ah 2nd place Carlisle '99 with My 300 Hurst that hangz on the wall in my den with a few otherz awarded from other carz and displayed proudly. But I keep comin' back for the frienshipz I've made and cherish. Hell, I'm flying up to Philadelphia the Wednesday of Carlisle and paying the Ransom on ah little FWD Trucklet that doesn't even have the inner bed panalz shot to match the rest of the little Beast YET, and if BUBBA doesn't like the way it looks I'll have to remind him the title iz in My name and to keep on walkin'.Hope to see YOU and JOHN BOTH THERE for the group photo, Jer

Actually, I won't have Bev there this year but I'd even show in my (gulp) civic for an opportunity to go through GG's system with a fine tooth comb! Not too many opportunities to wrench 14,000 mi 50 year old cars these days!

Actually, I won't have Bev there this year but I'd even show in my (gulp) civic for an opportunity to go through GG's system with a fine tooth comb! Not too many opportunities to wrench 14,000 mi 50 year old cars these days!
She's definitely gonna need wrenches and combs in New York first in order to push that distance to Carlisle!

Ok, I'll bite, what does GG need to be roadworthy? Simple maintenance issues like brakes and such? Carlisle is over a week away, plenty of time!

She's definitely gonna need wrenches and combs in New York first in order to push that distance to Carlisle!
Come on Alex, the hardest part of that 3-4 hour run iz gettin' across the G.W. Jes bop across the water gap to Stroudsburg and boggy down 33 to 78 in Allentown, another hour and ah half you hook up to 81 and another hour and it'z CARLISLE PARTY TIME, UH-RAH. Stick with me kid and I'll have yeah doin' weekly lapz to the left coast, lol. Jer

View attachment 131348 View attachment 131347 View attachment 131346 View attachment 131345 View attachment 131344 View attachment 131343 View attachment 131342 View attachment 131341 View attachment 131340

Stately indeed! Would love to see what your 24,000 mile '68 Monaco looks like. I haven't been to a car show yet.. plan on driving her out to them once she's sorted mechanically. Look forward to meeting then, although it might be next year.

Hey! Welcome to FCBO. Really like your car. If you can make to Carlisle, I hope I can get a closer look.

Are you tellin' all us Gear Headz that 14.4K 50 Y O Plymouth ain't road worthy? Come on Alex, It ain't even broke in yet! If I thought you were one of those Trailer Queen type folkz that lined up all the Phillips Headz and Waxed their Lug Nutz, I wouldn't bother pecking out my line of Ka-kah. FIRST AND SECOND PLACE WALL PLAQUES at Carlisle are awarded by popular vote by other attendees who have carz on the show field as well. An "ATTA BOY" from that crowd iz like ah thumbz up from ah passing car on the Hi-way only more betterer. I took ah 2nd place Carlisle '99 with My 300 Hurst that hangz on the wall in my den with a few otherz awarded from other carz and displayed proudly. But I keep comin' back for the frienshipz I've made and cherish. Hell, I'm flying up to Philadelphia the Wednesday of Carlisle and paying the Ransom on ah little FWD Trucklet that doesn't even have the inner bed panalz shot to match the rest of the little Beast YET, and if BUBBA doesn't like the way it looks I'll have to remind him the title iz in My name and to keep on walkin'.Hope to see YOU and JOHN BOTH THERE for the group photo, Jer
No trailer queen here, that's for sure! She'll definitely be driven as often as possible once up to speed mechanically.

Last edited:
Come on Alex, the hardest part of that 3-4 hour run iz gettin' across the G.W. Jes bop across the water gap to Stroudsburg and boggy down 33 to 78 in Allentown, another hour and ah half you hook up to 81 and another hour and it'z CARLISLE PARTY TIME, UH-RAH. Stick with me kid and I'll have yeah doin' weekly lapz to the left coast, lol. Jer
Ha! Yes Jer, Thanks for those directions. And a west coast trip is a must do!!!

Sweet car... I love paint and straight 1/4's that almost let me read the text messages your companion is writing...
img_1281-jpg.jpg

I would love to see her at Carlisle, but even if you wait a year, you might want to try a rental and find a room nearby... it is a show not to be missed.

Sweet car... I love paint and straight 1/4's that almost let me read the text messages your companion is writing...
View attachment 131592
I would love to see her at Carlisle, but even if you wait a year, you might want to try a rental and find a room nearby... it is a show not to be missed.
Thanks, that's original factory paint! I'm now certain GG will have to wait 'till next year for Carlisle.. time is tight, but I am hell bent on going anyway. I'm really looking forward to meeting many fellow FCBO members and seeing all there is to see in Mopar heaven. Hopefully I can swing it.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's original factory paint! I'm now certain GG will have to wait 'till next year for Carlisle.. but I am hell bent on going anyway.
Look for us gathering Saturday at 10am for a group picture... no car required... we will be close to a blue 71 Polara. I'll be in a black 74 Imperial... but you would be lucky to find me hovering near the car.

Too bad you're not closer.. I'd invite you and Beverly over and we could go through her systems here in White Plains. I think a fresh perspective on her would be great.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite, what does GG need to be roadworthy? Simple maintenance issues like brakes and such? Carlisle is over a week away, plenty of time!
I've gone through the entire suspension and replaced ALL bushings, ball joints, tie-rod ends, idler arm, shocks.. even leaf spring & shackle bushings... so now of course castor, camber and toe all need resetting/alignment.
Re-packed all the wheel bearings. Greased entire front end.
The power steering system was shot when I got her (from sitting so long) so I had to have the gear & small TRW pump rebuilt. There's also some brake work to finish up.. which I've just addressed on that forum.
I replaced the valve cover gaskets and the valley pan gasket. Valves, seals and any internals you could see with the intake off looked to be in excellent shape.
There may be compression and or vaccuum issues. Major lack of power, popping/backfiring at the intake etc. Gotta do diagnostics on all systems; ignition, electrical, compression, vaccuum.. I'm hoping it's all something that good top end tweaking will correct. Fellow member GJS has made some good suggestions on how to approach that issue.. I trust I'll find lots of good info here on the forums.
Ive personally installed a new fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines, fuel pump, and fuel filter. There was a lot of rusty sediment in the system (original fuel tank very rusty inside but very clean and solid outside.. I put it aside to have it cleaned, sealed & reinstalled later). I had the original 4bbl Carter AFB rebuilt by a pro carburetor shop in Jersey last year. I was certain that all this work done to clear up the fuel system would clear up the power and drivability issues, but nope.
So, in the end I wanna do it right, and work hard to get the ignition vacuum and electrical systems optimal, and go from there. I am learning all of this stuff as I go, with zero prior experience, so I need all the help I can get. It will be great to meet you at Carlisle this year if I can steal the time.

Last edited:
I've gone through the entire suspension and replaced ALL bushings, ball joints, tie-rod ends, shocks.. even leaf spring & shackle bushings... castor, camber and toe all need resetting/alignment.
There's also some brake work to finish up.. which I've just addressed on that forum.
There are compression and or vaccuum issues. Major lack of power, etc. Gotta do diagnostics on all systems; ignition, electrical, compression, vaccuum.. I'm hoping it's all something that good top end tweaking will correct. Fellow member GJS has made some good suggestions on how to approach that issue.. I trust I'll find lots of good info here on the forums.
Ive personally installed a new fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines, fuel pump, and fuel filter. There was a lot of rusty sediment in the system (fuel tank very rusty inside but very solid- put it aside to have it cleaned and sealed later). The carburetor was rebuilt by a pro carburetor shop in Jersey last year. I thought for sure all that would clear up the power issue, but nope..
So, in the end I wanna do it right, and work hard to get the ignition and electrical systems optimal and go from there. I am learning all of this stuff as I go, with zero prior experience, so I need all the help I can get. It will be great to meet you at Carlisle this year if I can steal the time.
I was afraid you were waiting to put in 2lbs of air in the left rear tire! I would love to go to Carlisle, but I won't be making it this year.

Back