IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_3419.JPG
IMG_1416.JPG
IMG_1866.jpg
C-Body or No-Body!

Thank you fellow FCBO members for bringing to bear such a fantastic forum. This place validates my unhealthy appetite and obsession with all things Mopar C-Body.. I feel like I just joined a gang. I love large, fast, powerful American cars of the 1960s and 70s.
I live in Brooklyn, New York and own a magnificent 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP pillarless 4-door hardtop. Her name is GG, after my favorite color; Chrysler Code GG-1. She's got her original 325hp 383ci Commando HP big block with Carter AFB 4299S 4bbl carburetor. 727 Torqueflite Auto, 8.75 rear, 3.23:1 gears. Dealer installed a/c.. ps and pb. As of this post her odometer reads 14,410 original miles. I bought her from the original owner. Purchased new from Carl Mozingo Auto Sales in Newton Falls, OH. A Church car that had never left the 44444 zip code. She is unrestored, unmolested, all original with zero rust. To say she's a survivor is an understatement. I figured it more appropriate to tell the full story with more words and photos on Photo Garage and the Early C-Body/The Slab-Side Years forum later.
I keep her in a private 2 car garage which I rent up in North White Plains, NY just north of NYC in Westchester County.
I travel 1hr and 45mins by public transportation for each visit.

I'll include just a few photos right here because, well, no matter trainwreck or concours everyone loves to stop and look. I actually joined this forum when I first got GG in late 2015, but have only been lurking, learning, and loving it all in the shadows up until recent weeks. I'm partial to Plymouth Furys, and most slabbies and fusies-- and through FCBO I'm becoming more attracted to New Yorkers; the Broughams of 1976-78, the early 1960s, as well as the 300 letter cars.

I need lots of help and info to get GG running like a top once again. Mechanical and electrical mainly. I have done a lot myself already towards getting her road worthy, info which I will share as I go.
I will offer any help and info I may possess.. I'm not a mechanical wiz but certainly learning as I go.

I do not like convertibles.
I do respect everyone!

Happy to be here,

Alex

Last edited:
Man, that thing is stately. Only word I can really come up with for it!

Nice that it's a no vinyl car as well. Not that vinyl doesn't sometimes look nice just that 9 times out of 10 what's underneath it doesn't!

I also really dig the lower trim. I have a 67 Monaco 500 which has the lower trim all the way down around the rockers... the car is from Texas so I don't anticipate a mess under there tho someone got at the passenger side just behind the door with self tappers when the clip let go... hack! My 68 Monaco however had trim that ended just above the bottom of the door... that eliminates a lot of potential crustiness... of course I got my 68 with 24,000 original miles out of a garage in the Pacific Northwest too so that helped.

Anyway, very nice to see such a brutally clean example on the east coast .. pillarless to boot!

Hope to run into you at a show or two sometime!

Awesome car! Hope to see it and you at either the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA in a few weeks or at the MOPAR show at Englishtown, NJ in late August.

I love your car! It's virtually a museum piece in that condition, congrats!:thumbsup:

Thanks to all for the good words and warm welcome!

Awesome car! Hope to see it and you at either the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA in a few weeks or at the MOPAR show at Englishtown, NJ in late August.
Thanks, I hope to make it to at least one this summer, even if GG isn't quite ready.

IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1596.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG
Man, that thing is stately. Only word I can really come up with for it!

Nice that it's a no vinyl car as well. Not that vinyl doesn't sometimes look nice just that 9 times out of 10 what's underneath it doesn't!

I also really dig the lower trim. I have a 67 Monaco 500 which has the lower trim all the way down around the rockers... the car is from Texas so I don't anticipate a mess under there tho someone got at the passenger side just behind the door with self tappers when the clip let go... hack! My 68 Monaco however had trim that ended just above the bottom of the door... that eliminates a lot of potential crustiness... of course I got my 68 with 24,000 original miles out of a garage in the Pacific Northwest too so that helped.

Anyway, very nice to see such a brutally clean example on the east coast .. pillarless to boot!

Hope to run into you at a show or two sometime!

Stately indeed! Would love to see what your 24,000 mile '68 Monaco looks like. I haven't been to a car show yet.. plan on driving her out to them once she's sorted mechanically. Look forward to meeting then, although it might be next year.

Last edited:
I nominate you for the "you suck" list. :D

Welcome neighbor.. I'm in Yonkers NY, I'm certainly closer to your car then you are. Lol. We should get together sometime.. stunning car to say he least.

Welcome neighbor.. I'm in Yonkers NY, I'm certainly closer to your car then you are. Lol. We should get together sometime.. stunning car to say he least.
Thank you neighbor.. I was hoping someone here was close by.. and uh, as you pointed out, even closer than me! I'd love to get together sometime.. let's exchange garage visits.

Back