Glass window in a convertible top for Fury?

CaravelleMan

Reaction score
Haven't seen much online, but was wondering if it's possible to get a glass window for my 68 Fury convertible? The plastic one is hard to see through.

The 68 Fury should have a glass rear window...the aftermarket tops offer the crummy plastic. Here's a pic from the 68 Data book showing the verts had glass.

68_Fury0024.jpg

is your the top the same as 67-68 chrysler 300 rag , if so they offer a glass rear window or plastic . i sure the bowes are the same and so are windshields and side glass doors n quarters . not sure about the well that the top fits in when down . there is were the glass window might have issues . thats a 66 fury n two 67 chrysler 300 rags

thumbnail_20160416_151520.jpg

DSC03395[1].JPG

DSC03346.JPG

When I had my '68 fury convertible I got a rear glass window I got it from JC whitney but I am not sure if they still carry this. I owned my '68 fury convertible from 1987-1992 then I got rid of it

Chrysler switched to glass rear windows in 1967. Although the 66 and 67 models were similar, the glass rear window cannot be interchanged to the 66 models. the reason is the way the top folds. A complete 67 top assembly can be interchanged to a 66 on most body styles, both B & C bodys, after which a glass window can be installed in a 66.

As side note, a 2016 Graveyard Cars episode had a convertible w/ glass window. They discuss being careful to not push packages in the trunk into the well area or the glass can crack when lowered. Don't recall if a B or C body and exact year. Originally, the wells had a warning label.

As side note, a 2016 Graveyard Cars episode had a convertible w/ glass window. They discuss being careful to not push packages in the trunk into the well area or the glass can crack when lowered. Don't recall if a B or C body and exact year. Originally, the wells had a warning label.
top_sticker.jpg

Back