The elusive parts identification begins!

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone, As I start to reassemble my 72 Imperial Coupe, I am now starting to try to identify some elusive parts that the restoration shop put into a bag and marked for my car. I have a plate that is slightly curved and has one large hole and 7 smaller holes. Oddly enough, it does not have a part number on it. It appears to be galvanized or has a protective coating on it. It is
about 6 1/4 inch long and 2 3/4 inch wide and is about 11 gauge steel. Pictures are attached.

20240310_133806.jpg
20240310_133757.jpg

I could be completely wrong, and I probably am, but that looks like a windshield header piece.

Looks like the reinforcement piece that holds the rear view mirror in windshield header

I was thinking side rear view mirror reinforcement.
Jackson, I thought it had to do something with the door handle, but I think you may be correct about the mirror mount. I will look at the parts manual tonight. I may go to my other shop and dig around the trim pieces and see if there is another with the side mirrors.

Just another thought that goes along with my WAG about the windshield header.

Visor mount perhaps?

I’m pretty useless on the fuselage era with the exception of a slight familiarity with ‘69 and I do me slight.

Jackson, I thought it had to do something with the door handle, but I think you may be correct about the mirror mount. I will look at the parts manual tonight. I may go to my other shop and dig around the trim pieces and see if there is another with the side mirrors.
Looked at the parts manual. The illustration does not show this reinforcement plate, but the parts listing section for mirrors does list a reinforcement plate. So, there you have it, no picture to identify the part!

Late to the party

This car had two of those mounting plates doubled up inside the door! So now I have a spare.

385F905E-C994-4971-B197-5F965C62CA3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back