Green Machine gets a roommate!!

I don't get or particularly care for the whole "tribute car" thing. Perhaps its due to the plethora of tribute road runner this or tribute Cuda that cars I've seen at mopar shows. If it was born a barracuda, its a barracuda. Forever. I just don't see the point, plus there are very dishonest folks out there trying to push off fakes. No need to explain how that works.

But, to each his own. Its in pretty decent shape, have fun with it.

Ah Great Big Thumbz Up Banana Dude, We'z all way happy for yeah. When you hook up with Howie 'n Becky this spring have him tell yeah 'bout 5 of those Hurst's following each other around the 2 1/2 mile oval at the proving groundz all doin' 138 MPH with about 2 car lengths between 'um back in '85. They were all driven by Chrysler Tec-Mechanic-drivers of which Howie waz one for 33 yearz. They wouldn't let us ownerz on the Oval at over 55 but after we did ah few lapz tryin' not to fall asleep they took the carz into the test garage, checked 'um out and we got to watch and pray that ourz wouldn't be the one to break at the 100++(which none did). I'm pretty sure Howie waz there that day but not in 1 of the five that did the fast laps. Can't remember for sure, too long ago. Jer

I don't get or particularly care for the whole "tribute car" thing. Perhaps its due to the plethora of tribute road runner this or tribute Cuda that cars I've seen at mopar shows. If it was born a barracuda, its a barracuda. Forever. I just don't see the point, plus there are very dishonest folks out there trying to push off fakes. No need to explain how that works.

But, to each his own. Its in pretty decent shape, have fun with it.

I totally agree with your perspective! ...but as I'm sure you can appreciate I am not trying to pretend this is an original Hurst car!
It is merely a great, solid '70 Coupe with some really excellent Hurst parts that will be a great project for me that 'I' can enjoy for many years!

To the eye? ....car ****! on paper? ....who cares??
What it will be worth at the end of the day or what folks might think about it hasn't crossed
my mind from the get go!
It's pure self indulgence from the heart!! - and to me that's what saving these cars is all about!
....the car lives on and so do the 300 parts!! ....and I'm havin a blast!! :eek:ccasion14: and Howard gets his Margaritas!!

Ah Great Big Thumbz Up Banana Dude, We'z all way happy for yeah. When you hook up with Howie 'n Becky this spring have him tell yeah 'bout 5 of those Hurst's following each other around the 2 1/2 mile oval at the proving groundz all doin' 138 MPH with about 2 car lengths between 'um back in '85. They were all driven by Chrysler Tec-Mechanic-drivers of which Howie waz one for 33 yearz. They wouldn't let us ownerz on the Oval at over 55 but after we did ah few lapz tryin' not to fall asleep they took the carz into the test garage, checked 'um out and we got to watch and pray that ourz wouldn't be the one to break at the 100++(which none did). I'm pretty sure Howie waz there that day but not in 1 of the five that did the fast laps. Can't remember for sure, too long ago. Jer
Wow! cheers Jer!!
I shall ask Howard to share this day with the forum, I reckon more than a few on here would like to hear that story!
Real Chrysler history! be in touch Jer
regards B' dude

I totally agree with your perspective! ...but as I'm sure you can appreciate I am not trying to pretend this is an original Hurst car!
It is merely a great, solid '70 Coupe with some really excellent Hurst parts that will be a great project for me that 'I' can enjoy for many years!

What it will be worth at the end of the day or what folks might think about it hasn't crossed
my mind from the get go!
It's pure self indulgence from the heart!! - and to me that's what saving these cars is all about!
....the car lives on and so do the 300 parts!! ....and I'm havin a blast!! :eek:ccasion14: and Howard gets his Margaritas!!

Sometimes you just gotta do a car the way you want to do it. I wouldnt necessarily call it a tribute car, its not really a tribute to a 300H....

my mind from the get go!
At the very least I'm glad another fuselage car stays on the road.

Very nice! How about a picture or two of them lined up door to door...

Was there any pics of this? That would look amazing!

Can't say for sure Mr C. But I can still see 'um in my head. Might be but it'z gonna take ah deep search and ah long time to shake that bush. Half or more that were there back then aren't even pumpin' air any more. I'll do what I can, Jer

I'd much prefer to see a 300Hurst "twin" done up right and done beautifully than 90% of the real 300Hursts out there that I see as disgraces.

Tributes...meh. It's cool that you are using parts off the Hurst car for your '70 and all, but don't call the damn thing a "tribute". You are using Hurst parts on your car, period. That Hurst looks pretty nice to start with - why are you taking THIS car apart for your other '70? Why not actually do the Hurst car and use your '70 as the parts source??? Or, am I missing something here?

Tributes...meh. It's cool that you are using parts off the Hurst car for your '70 and all, but don't call the damn thing a "tribute". You are using Hurst parts on your car, period. That Hurst looks pretty nice to start with - why are you taking THIS car apart for your other '70? Why not actually do the Hurst car and use your '70 as the parts source??? Or, am I missing something here?

Er yes!! your missing everything!!

....the green 70 is going to receive the black interior that's in the white 70 cause the green car has pretty crap seats ....with me so far??

In the white car loose are all the seats (Hurst correct) and new seat covers to go on them, along with new Hurst correct carpet, headliner, door cards etc!!

Now whatever 'term' used to describe the end result it will be a Newport body that has Hurst hood and trunk lid, 300 front and rear, hurst interior and eventually painted in Hurst colours, finished in hurst decals!! ....you got it??

Call it a 'Tribute' a 'Clone' a 'Twin' ....whatever! 'The DAMN thing' is mine and that's what I'm gonna do with it! ...Ok!

AH Guyz. I'll let Golden Banana answer this for sure but knowing a little bit of some of this deal and ah whole bunch about the seller I'm guessing that the Coupe that was sent to the UK for our friend Banana Dude was-is just that, a 1970 300 coupe with the Hurst Hood, Deck Lid and the rest of the Hurst goodies thrown in with the deal. I know for a fact the seller scrapped out more then one Hurst many years ago and kept most of the Hurst partz in hiz stash and some went into hiz putting together a 1970 300 Hurst convertible that haz since disappeared to who knowz where, and az we all know fiberglass won't rust. I know he's had the partz since the mid-late '80s because I saw them in his playpen and he offered them to me back then, when we talked about how neat it would be to do a Long Roof Hurst. 'Sidez, in ah 100 yearz from now who'z really gonna give ah ratz ***? Jer

Back