Happiness is having a motor stand.

Rexus31 is a bad influence on you I see. Lol.

Posted via Topify on Android

You are definitely correct. The stainless bolts are completely his fault, and I'll blame him too that the car is sitting in my shop with no front clip.

As I work on my 67 Chrysler, I swear he's looking down at me.
He ruined it for everybody with Slab Chryslers...

Posted via Topify on Android

Nah, he said right from the start he's gonna drive it "as is". ;)

Just don't rush it. That's when mistakes happen.
Yes I must have turned that engine over by hand 20 times to make sure I got everything internally correct. I am now referring heavy to my photos to make sure everything else is right. I have already found a couple things installed incorrectly or ahead of time.

And please stop calling it a BOLT. LMFAO.
It's a PLUG. :D

As I recently learned in my machine tool class, even if it wasn't a plug, it wouldn't be a BOLT, it would be a SCREW. A bolt has a nut. a screw goes in a threaded hole. Not that important, I know. And I love the factory engine colors... except chevy orange...

I left mine the color it came but I'm not sure that is correct.

I watched that Mark Worman guy on Graveyard Carz the other night. He spray-painted (hemi orange) a completely assembled 440-6 Pak engine (carb and distrubtor were not installed yet) hanging from a chain. Painted valve covers, all the nuts and bolts - everything. Even the HP exhaust manifolds were painted hemi orange. As he did it, he said that was the way the factory painted their motors. I was very surprised the exhaust manifolds were on the engine and they were painted too. . .

I've been wondering about something... If Worman is so smart, why does it seem like they have to do everything 3 times?

I've been wondering about something... If Worman is so smart, why does it seem like they have to do everything 3 times?

I think Worman is more of a "technical" expert - rather than a "restoration" expert. Sounds to me like he has spent more time in the parts and service manuals than he has spent actually restoring cars. But thats not a bad thing, if you have the right talent on board to do the actual work. I also think his helpers (Curly and Larry) are there for effect. . .

Agreed. He def knows his stuff... but I get the impression he would rather make something up than admit he doesn't know...And I never trust someone who cant admit they don't know...

If Woman is the main guy I can't watch that show because of him. I can't stand him. His is so full of himself and he is full of ****. He reminded me of a kid a went to school with, thought he knew everything and would never admit when he was wrong or didn't know the answer. He would just make up some BS when he didn't have a clue. I did have fun calling him out on his BS some times just to knock him down a peg.

If Woman is the main guy I can't watch that show because of him. I can't stand him. His is so full of himself and he is full of ****. He reminded me of a kid a went to school with, thought he knew everything and would never admit when he was wrong or didn't know the answer. He would just make up some BS when he didn't have a clue. I did have fun calling him out on his BS some times just to knock him down a peg.

Yeah I think he irritates everyone but being a pompous *** is the "in" thing I guess

i watch the show for worman. i guess i "get" his sense of humor. he is a paint and body guy. if you look in the background he has a body shop as his main business. the one i can't stand is darren, what planet is this guy from?

Question for the resto savvy people here what color should I paint the engine in my 68 Charger. Since we are talking colors, how far to go and "experts" 68 seems to be a transition year turquoise, then blue late in the year I don't think the red showed up on the magnums till 69, I do like the turquoise with chrome valve covers, car is not a "resto" but I'm not painting the engine purple or some other stupid @#$.

I only watch occasionally to see if they've started the green A12 Superbee. It belonged to a good friend of mine who passed away a couple years ago. His son has the car now.

Question for the resto savvy people here what color should I paint the engine in my 68 Charger. Since we are talking colors, how far to go and "experts" 68 seems to be a transition year turquoise, then blue late in the year I don't think the red showed up on the magnums till 69, I do like the turquoise with chrome valve covers, car is not a "resto" but I'm not painting the engine purple or some other stupid @#$.
All big blocks were painted turquoise in '68 except for the one that doesn't look like the others...

Back