Happiness is having a motor stand.

I have had problems getting the Allen wrench plugs out in the interior oil galleys the one behind the timing chain but maybe the guy was a gorrilla or mad at work that day.:dontknow:

They make those plugs out of the softest metal possible to get it to bite in and seal forever.
Unfortunately they succeeded.........

Stepped away from cleaning parts and replaced the valve stem seals. Here is the cool tool I borrowed to change the seals without removing the heads. Install the special threaded tool into the appropriate cylinder hook up the air compressor and then compress the spring with the other tool.

I had a slight learning curve, by the time I got to the last one I could do it in just a couple of minutes.

Valve seal tool.sm.jpg

Valve seal tool.sm.jpg

BTW Guyz. I had an 'ole guy teach me about using BEEZ WAX, NOT PARAFFIN BUT HONEY BEE WAX and ah fire wrench to assist in removing those plugz. Heat around the plug and burn off any oil, stick the beez wax rite on the plug and it will wick in. Let it cool down a tad and turn it out, WaH-LAH. When I waz 16 that waz one of the coolest wrenching trickz I ever saw, And it still workz. Just keep the wax stick in the tool box so the furry critterz can't chew on it, Jer

I chewed the one on my charger engine so bad I ends up sacrificing a Allen wrench and tack welding it to the plug, of course the heat didn't hurt.

Can someone show me what a fire wrench looks like. When I google it I am getting fire hydrant wrenches.

Freeze plugs came right out not problem. My Mopar buddy that rebuilt my transmission dropped it off and even painted it for me. He helped me remove the torsion bars so now all the suspension is removed and I just need to do is press out bushings and sand blast the rest of the parts. Then the fun starts.

Transmission rebuilt.sm.jpg

Transmission rebuilt.sm.jpg

Trans looks good! I need to paint mine up. Glad too see everything is comimg together. With how clean that car is, you probably dont have too worry about a lot of rusty bolts

Lookin' good Mike!

It has been killing me I had some surgery and haven't been in the shop for a week and a half. I am happy with the progress yesterday. I finally got some Chrysler turquoises on the cast portions of the engine. I painted them by hand and then I will spray all the steel. Thanks again to who ever recommend the Hirsch paint. The color was dead on, I had a friend give me some rattle cans from Mopar, that he had left over. The color was off too blue.

I also put some POR 15 on the stub frame. I will put the Hirsch chassis black on as the top coat. I finally got the bushings pressed out of my control arms. I took some heat to them and I was finally able to press them out. It is a good feeling to laying down some paint and take my project back in the right direction.

Painted engine.sm.jpgPainted stub frame.sm.pg.jpg

Painted stub frame.sm.pg.jpg

Painted engine.sm.jpg

Back