Happy INDEPENDENCE Day, America!

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Even with all the crap our great nation is currently enduring, it's vital to remember that the Founders were willing to sacrifice their lives, their fortunes, and their livliehoods to break free from the tyrannies of the Crown of King George III. So, with that, we don't celebrate a date (July 4th), we celebrate out INDEPENDENCE!

patriotic-lady.gif

I'm glad to see you were the first to respond Paul :)

Happy 4th to all and I hope everyone has a great weekend !!!

wonder-woman-happy-4th-of-july.jpg

Happy Fourth of July from the Motor City!

Has anybody heard from Alleyoop lately?

by saying happy Fourth of July I also mean happy Independence Day....

Last edited:
For those of you the do the "Happy 4th of July" thing, I have a question for you...At Christmas, do you say "Happy 25th of December!"??? Do you wish someone whose birthday is August 1st (or any other day) "Happy (fill in the date)! "Happy 31st of October", versus "Happy Halloween!"???

Of course not. So, why should this, the anniversary of our nations Founding, be any different???

America, the lone beacon of freedom for the entire world. Happy Independence Day!!!
I used to think of us that way. No more.
And to those who say "find some place better", I say: At this point in my life I won't find anything any different anywhere else. Every advanced country is going down the toilet because of immigration. England, Europe, Australia.
To cling to the belief we are the country we were 50 years ago is ridiculous.

detroit-then-and-now-photo-gallery-bbd088fc37a5e7bc.jpg

welfare-1.jpg

people-of-walmart-the-im-so-sexy-edition-L-bjTjDo.jpeg

wealth.png

And to those who say "find some place better", I say: At this point in my life I won't find anything any different anywhere else. Every advanced country is going down the toilet because of immigration. England, Europe, Australia.
Yeah, America has warts. Nonetheless I would not want to be born and live anywhere else in the world. Visit other places, yes...BUT live there Hell No.

people-of-walmart-the-im-so-sexy-edition-L-bjTjDo.jpeg
Uh, lemme guess......WALMART?! Probably picking up the Daily Enquirer.....did you know poor little Honey Boo Boo got sexual molested....by Aliens?

For those of you the do the "Happy 4th of July" thing, I have a question for you...At Christmas, do you say "Happy 25th of December!"??? Do you wish someone whose birthday is August 1st (or any other day) "Happy (fill in the date)! "Happy 31st of October", versus "Happy Halloween!"???

Of course not. So, why should this, the anniversary of our nations Founding, be any different???

You're not going to tell me I should be somber again are you?

You're not going to tell me I should be somber again are you?

Far from it. This is a time for celebrating our Nations' creation; hence, we celebrate our Nations' INDEPENDENCE...NOT the fact it's the 4th of July. The date is incidental.

Yeah, America has warts. Nonetheless I would not want to be born and live anywhere else in the world. Visit other places, yes...BUT live there Hell No.

I will stay out of the politics of the day...a "third" rail kinda discussion where my opinion is as good/nutty as the next persons.

But I'm more aligned with 70NPort's observation, having seen the whole world (except Antartica..aint nobody there anyway) and lived (for years) on four continents. Nothing against other places...many are great. But no place I'd rather be than here (biased by a spending 3/4 of my time on earth here).

A new movie is out, references a lot of stuff but some is about this guy in particular: Alexis de Tocqueville.

Required reading in high school history, I never understood his points until I was older. I aint saying he was right, wrong, other.. just my understanding of what he was saying has grown over the years.

4863.jpg

One thing though resonated with me and still does. Writing 180 years ago, de Tocqueville called America a "great experiment" unlike any country like it before in recorded history.

If you believe that America is a "work in progress", it may follow that it really is an "experiment" whose true outcome may not be known for 1,000 years versus the 200+ its seen. America is still "a kid" measured by its relative length of time as a nation.

Our lifetimes are too short to see how it will all turn out..truly great, or something much less than it could have been. I think the "kid's got potential". In the meantime, to me its still a cool place to live all things considered.

Good "Holidaze" folks.

Interesting coincidence. Did you know political sparring partners and lifelong pen pals .. Thom Jefferson and John Adams died on the same day in the same year?

That day was July 4

Far from it. This is a time for celebrating our Nations' creation; hence, we celebrate our Nations' INDEPENDENCE...NOT the fact it's the 4th of July. The date is incidental.

I would think you would support it actually. As long as everyone keeps wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July the government can't really shift it to a Monday or Friday.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's association with our Independence when they wish you a Happy 4th of July although it's not a cut and dried as being the date of our INDEPENDENCE.

Back