Help me spend some $$

So round , So furm, So fully packed, and I ain't talkin' about Lucky Strikes either! I been lookin' at back sidez like that all my life and I never tire of the experiance. On ah 1 to 10 scale thatz ah 12 Zak

I am loving this thread and following your progress. I hope to do this to mine some day. Engine is looking awesome!!! Keep up the good work!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

This thread is action packed. :eek:s_dancing2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some car ****.

Bagged her back up, sitting in the corner of the garage, waiting for the car... Gives me a little more motivation too get the car done though!

Sooo 9 months later, but the first time I've been through this and I have to ask. Do your heads have hardened valve seats? Modern gas burns hotter (or something like that) and will eat the valve seats away... and it doesn't take terribly long from what I understand. Otherwise nice build... makes me want to buy some specialty tools and get back into it, I made a fair amount of cash rebuilding engines in high school, but I honestly just love doing it...

Sooo 9 months later, but the first time I've been through this and I have to ask. Do your heads have hardened valve seats? Modern gas burns hotter (or something like that) and will eat the valve seats away... and it doesn't take terribly long from what I understand. Otherwise nice build... makes me want to buy some specialty tools and get back into it, I made a fair amount of cash rebuilding engines in high school, but I honestly just love doing it...

Yea, the heads already had hardened seats. I just had a basic valve job/rebuild done to them. I had fun putting it together, although I only really redid the top end. Never pulled the bottom end apart, as it only had 5,000 miles on a rebuild already. Next one I build will be a power house! lol Sometimes I wonder if this one will ever get in the car its waiting for lol

Back