Help with wiper linkage assembly!!

GotMopar

Reaction score
I currently have these parts on my 78 New Yorker and seems the wiper linkage doesn't reach the wiper motor crank arm and I can't identify what parts I have any help would be greatly appreciated.
Left link: 3431759 58622 307
Right link: 3431762 58622 327
Crank arm: 3799278 58622 77, has the big orange bushing.

IMG_20211120_135352.jpg

Last edited:
A New Yorker is a C body, if the parts you have don't fit the car, they're from something else. I have a complete set of 1974 to 78 parts books I'm thinking of selling... because I managed to assemble 2 sets and only wanted one. The parts catalog link given earlier is a MUCH cheaper alternative.

Update: got the linkage to connect but when I turn the motor on it only rotates 180 degrees. It's hard to know what I may need when I don't know what I have. In the link you provided does he use all B body parts? Can you order those parts? Don't have a donor car. Don't know which 90's style cam to get. Not many specs listed just pics.

Update: got the linkage to connect but when I turn the motor on it only rotates 180 degrees. It's hard to know what I may need when I don't know what I have. In the link you provided does he use all B body parts? Can you order those parts? Don't have a donor car. Don't know which 90's style cam to get. Not many specs listed just pics.
If you want to play with C Bodies, you're going to have to get used to the idea of searching for parts, buying used stuff, and spending time in the parts books and FSM. The system can backward fitted with 74-77 stuff, or you can do the fabrication to keep the 78 stuff working (more than one version exists)... but if you really need everything to be available in a catalog, there are other cars that will be easier to live with.

Was just hoping somebody could tell me what I am dealing with as I bought the car with that set up and can't find the part numbers online. Figured many people have had this problem and would be able to identify what I have.

If you want to play with C Bodies, you're going to have to get used to the idea of searching for parts, buying used stuff, and spending time in the parts books and FSM. The system can backward fitted with 74-77 stuff, or you can do the fabrication to keep the 78 stuff working (more than one version exists)... but if you really need everything to be available in a catalog, there are other cars that will be easier to live with.
Yes, I have much to learn about and will be on the lookout for used parts.

Yes, I have much to learn about and will be on the lookout for used parts.
Try "MyMopar.com" lots of parts books and FSM's loaded there. Me being me... I had to buy paper, original dealer parts books... I have a set covering 1974/75/76/77/78 in the metal binders I'd sell, probably open the discussion at $400. Both sets I assembled have been well used in their first lifetime, as intended... I don't particularly value one over the other.

In the link you provided does he use all B body parts?

The only b-body parts used were the cam linkage and bushing (which you referred to as the "orange bushing" in your first photo).

The parts in your first photo appear to be all OEM C-body parts, including the cam bushing. You may be able to assemble and use them, but others on this site have noted that even NOS bushings (such as yours??) will crumble upon attempting to assemble them. Hence- you need the B-body cam bushing (which is reproduced), or the earlier C-body parts.

when I turn the motor on it only rotates 180 degrees

Please post photo of your wiper motor? Something sounds amiss....

I will post pic of motor this afternoon. So, it seems like to finish (if the motor is correct) I need a new cam...?

Back