Hemi Fury

After hours of research I have found that Tuff Stuff sells GM Type 2 pumps with different configurations. So I ordered one with 1200 PSI and 3 GPM flow specs. It has similar dimensions to original Hemi pump, same shaft diameter. It will be arriving tonight.
NOW thats what I am talking about, people!!!!!!
Someone who digs his heels in and researches, learns, and accomplishes.
No calling up Jegs and going, Whaaaaaaaa... what do I do? GOOD MAN :thumbsup:

Steering pump came in last night.
It is actually same size as Charger pump. Same mounting dimensions, same shaft diameter, same pressure fitting. If I was going to use remote reservoir it would have been a straight swap, but I specifically wanted a pump with a tank. In order for tank to be vertical I will have to make an adapter. Did not have time to finish it.
DSCN9807.JPG

DSCN9811.JPG

DSCN9808.JPG

Steering pump assembled and installed.
DSCN9826.JPG
DSCN9827.JPG

Made pressure and return hoses. Filled up with ATF+4 and bled the air. No leaks do far
DSCN9830.JPG

DSCN9832.JPG

Rad. support and grille are back on. Installed electric fan, radiator, heater hoses. Plenty of room.
DSCN9852.JPG
DSCN9854.JPG
DSCN9857.JPG
DSCN9860.JPG

That's why I respect the C body crowd so much. We have to invent our own solutions for practically everything due to the lack of support. No Jegs for us.

It has to be killing you until your first run. It's killing me and I'm just a spectacular.

I would never touch Goldie, but maybe an engine robbed wagon.

Last edited:
I walk into Jegs & ask. One of the perks of living in Cbus.

How much work was required on the Hemi to overcome the hydrolock? How did it become locked? Driving through deep water? Just curious.

I love Turbine Bronze by the way.

How much work was required on the Hemi to overcome the hydrolock? How did it become locked? Driving through deep water?
The engine had a leaking head gasket. The truck sat for two weeks, the owner tried starting it, but no crank. He replaced the battery and starter - no luck. Somehow he managed to start it though. Apparently two cylinders had coolant in them, which caused two bent rods.
I replaced both rods and pistons, all bearings, seals, head and rod bolts, etc, honed the cylinders, plastigauged all bearings (lots of work) and rebuilt valve seats and valve faces.
For valve faces I came up with a redneck setup - I attached a dremel tool with a grinding stone to lathe tool post. Set the compound slide to 45 degrees and set the lathe spindle RPM to lowest speed. A few passes with dremel tool at 10,000 RPM and the valve is like new. I did not even have to lap the valves after - perfect face.
Then I refaced heads mating surfaces on a granite slab.
First start

How much work was required on the Hemi to overcome the hydrolock? How did it become locked? Driving through deep water? Just curious.

I love Turbine Bronze by the way.
In the Durango's and sometimes in the trucks the intake gaskets leak(vacuum) and water leaking past the lower windshield seal or heavy rain when driving will get sucked in from area under the intake manifold, like from on a valley pan on a Big Block. It usually will just make.it run really bad if it is already running, the start up one is usually broken pistons and/or bent rods. In my case the rod broke and went through the block.

Back