How about a derby build thread??

I'm also out. It's your business what you do with your car. I just don't want to be part of a c-body being set up for destruction. I am in this hobby for c-body preservation.

How about this 79 Newport I just got home. Any one need parts off this one? Not a C body so yall cant be upset over this one

20220925_184625.jpg

No? I think there has been plenty of over reacting going on. Offering chances at parts if no one wants them, then no wants them and is what it is

You said the radio works, am , am/fm how much? Drivers side master power window switches,? passenger side rear view mirror? Heater a.c. Controls? What do the taillight backup and turn signal lenses look like? Passenger side chrome on top of fender? Extra cigarette lighter? Clock( don't care if it works mine the hands are bent)?

Last edited:
Sad truth is nobody wants our old land yachts. Same old story, Cs are the Rodney Dangerfields of the Mopar old car hobby. We are a tiny albeit dedicated bunch here so should just view this as a parts for sale thread.
1664157392551.png

Living in the North East a rust free body is a simple restoration. Seeing slick metal is almost erotic. Even the clean 1979 Newport here is good money, shipping from the midwest is to much.

I used to hang out on the Lincoln forum and sell parts like I do here. I once asked the mods if there could be a special section where Lincoln demo derby cars could be listed for parting.
The answer was NO!!!! Welcome to part cars here just don’t mention the word derby.
I used to list parting derby cars on drydock and people would get upset. Copcar . Com same thing I would get run off site.
I once had the idea to start a website where demo drivers and collectors could connect to save parts and maybe make a few bucks.!!!!
The best (overlooked) source of CHEAP parts comes from the demo derby crowd.
They usually have multiple car stashes or know the guys that do.
The next time there is a demo derby near you
Go watch,enjoy the show!!! Go in the pits afterwards and ask around the drivers who has
the stash of old Chryslers. Somebody will point you in the right direction!
Beer is usually the currency best used.
Better yet if you have finished parts car that might have some derby use left is the best trading material.
I would rather see a parted car go out in a derby than just sent to the crusher.
At least Owen11x is here offering parts here and making them available. Now is the time to step up and save what you need from this 64

F485CABC-2DAD-41A9-960C-07B92527713A.jpeg

Last edited:
Like at the beginning of this summer I had a nice 68 plymouth VIP fasttop on here forever no one bought much. Had one guy stop randomly at my house that spent 6 hours pulling small parts for a convertible he was restoring. He asking the final price. I said thank you and he slipped $100 in mailbox as he left which was nice but was also nice he stripped car for me lol

https://we-crash.proboards.com/

Check it out, you might be suprised how cheap parts can be had from others with different interests
I've gotten parts from a derby guy that have helped members on this forum, he just wants to see them go to good use. It's amazing how many good parts he can't get rid of, complete interiors in mint condition and tons of trim. He tries, he really does.

And truth be told we hate stripping cars so if you get in with a good local guy. odds are they will give you the car to strip for free rather than paying someone to strip the car then you bring car back once stripped. I know tons of guys right now that are paying younger kids to strip.cars for them. The 64 had an offer pending on the car for this weekend. I will let you know if it goes through but the car is ROUGH and i ain't kiddin ya.we will see if he changes his mind once he sees it

I would like to see your build. Those things look awesome with stacks coming out of the hood. Do you use Mopar drive train or something else? Good luck with your build and be sure to post pics before and after!
I do run all mopar drivetrains. All small blocks thr big blocks get sold to B body guys 90% of the time.

Snapchat-668595193.jpg

Snapchat-517217865.jpg

Snapchat-1208770768.jpg

Snapchat-1763538136.jpg

I do run crown vics as well and cadillacs. Mopar is just my preference. Some rule sets cater more for crown vics and some even the playing fields for other makes of cars. Those are way to expensive we never pay over 500.for the crown vics

We can't save them all, but this derby thing is just retarded. Yes, they supply parts, but what percentage of good parts are recycled as opposed to being smashed... Advertising parts on here is one thing, but boasting about smashing Imperials and then asking people who simply want to preserve them, if they want to see the destruction of a car many consider to be a good parts car at the very least, is looking for a reaction. Well, here's my reaction: you are being a dick, piss off.

Back