How big a wheel/tire can you get on the back?

I have 10-26-15 Slicks on mine with 15x8 Ramcharger rims, not even close to rubbing. Some kinda hinky load helper springs on it though.

I have 10-26-15 Slicks on mine with 15x8 Ramcharger rims, not even close to rubbing. Some kinda hinky load helper springs on it though.

I never heard the word hinky before.........had to look it up. LOL!!! :thinker:

[h=3]Urban Dictionary: hinky[/h]

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hinky
Something as yet undefinable is wrong, out of place; not quite right.

The hinky springs keep the backend from getting all cattywampus...

:laughing4: I hate when things get ''cattywampus''. 'cuz when they do I have to mess with the Canardly valves, and there usually so tight I can hardly turn 'em.

I have 275/60-15 coopers on 15x8 wheels with 4.5" back space on my 66 fury. It looks like I could fit 295/50s with 15x8 with 5" back space. Check both sides of car, Most rear ends are not centered perfectly on these cars. If you have a good tire guy like mine he will let you mount and try the tires before purchasing (the wider he can sell you, the more he makes!)

My '67 Fury III (non skirt) has 275/60R15's on it and it appears to be a standard offset and there is room for more. I'm going to try bigger when I get closer to being done the resto. I just got back on here and will be posting pics soon .

I've just "trial fitted" 15 x 8's, 4" back space with 275/60 Mickey Thompson 3754X radials (28.2'' x 11.4'' - 15''), good fit under the gaurds, 1/2" clearance on the outside though.

Back