How difficult would this dumb idea be?

To answer the question of how difficult. I don't think the section cutting and slicing would be that difficult. Once that is achieved it is on to typical body work.
The cold war motors Fury is a good example of the concept.

The difficulty is in the commitment of time to the over all project. It sounds like the parts are accounted for. So its not any more money than anything else.
I would love to go after the splicing part myself.
However when your finished with that you basically just made it to the beginning of an auto restoration.

image.jpeg
A pic from Cold War motors. I would like to attempt somthing like this with 61 300 and 62 NY.

I would prefer to see the 300G restored, or go to someone who will. If it was a common model like a Windsor, I'd say do it, but its a G!
It sure doesn't look "Too far gone to restore".
For guys like me, who do metalwork for a living, and a passion, replacing rusty panels is just what we do.
Last 69 Hemi Charger I did needed 45 new AMD panels. Unless they are burnt to the ground, anything is restorable.
A 300G is definitely worth doing right

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well,I agree and that is most likely what will happen as I do have somebody that is interested in what's left after I pull motor. Keep in mind there is no vin tag as it rusted off and was lost.
The 150 speedo,console is gone and many hard to find trims.
Here are some of the bad spots on car. I know it's not rust belt rusty,but it's pretty far gone.

Being a bodyman for 35 years, that is standard repairs for a 60 year old car. Removable panels are just bolt on items, rockers, quarters and trunk floors are needed on almost any car that age. This isn't a Hyundai Pony, it's a 300G, One of the most valuable and desirable Mopars. Please don't part it! If you feel like cutting and splicing panels, put it back to stock instead of creating a Frankenstein from a desirable car. I'd fix that Fury too.

Do it guys, save them!

I have a 61 300 G that is to far gone to restore.
I have a 61 Fury conv that is to far gone to restore.
I have access to a solid 62 NY
I have a 62 300 parts car

Bolt doors from 61 G onto NY
Remove 2dr 300 1/4s and back end from trim lines on up. Bottom is rusted on 300.
Graft 300 back end onto 62 NY 4dr.
Remove 61 Plymouth convertable front window frame and rear boot hinge section.
Graft into NY

61 G 300 conv !!!!!
Something I'm not likely to do. Just thinking about what's possiable!

View attachment 447552

View attachment 447553

View attachment 447554

View attachment 447555

View attachment 447556

View attachment 447557

View attachment 447558

I have a 62 Newport, always looking for a few odds and ends. Need a heater control valve, and a couple of the plastic discs that are behind the interior door handles. Also a rear window defogger and driver side headlight bezel, and radio. Thanks, Fred.

I do understand the therapeutic value in a project like that. A great way to occupy the mind.
‘Road Trip Therapy’ starts after Ken completes his ‘Convertible Dream’ . . . my thousands of miles driving the California back roads in a timeless & TOPLESS MOPAR is truly SUBLIME & PRICELESS

Back