How many projects?

Here's a couple Ramchargers that I did in the past. The Maroon and white '83 I still have and will be a future project.

79 Ramcharger.jpg

84 Ramcharger (1).JPG

84 Ramcharger (2).jpg

84 Ramcharger (8).jpg

'84 Ramcharger (3).jpg

84 Ramcharger (6).JPG

83 Ramcharger 3.JPG

79 Ramcharger.jpg

83 Ramcharger 3.JPG

84 Ramcharger (1).JPG

84 Ramcharger (2).jpg

'84 Ramcharger (3).jpg

84 Ramcharger (6).JPG

84 Ramcharger (8).jpg

91 gmc in wrap up stage...when l find the time

70 fury 3 survivor..mint..just need to find time to do touch-ups to get it back on road for next year mayby this fall
video of first wash on return home with it

71 Fury GT
under full restoration..no time so someone else is finding the time for this one..its being restored by same talented individual that oversaw Bills 70 440 fury restoration in background...am stoked

countin blessins....

How come you didn't grab that RC I posted For Sale last week?

The only vehicle that I am always on the prowl for is a solid, straight '68 300 project. I want to paint it skeleton up like I did the '67 NY and rebuild the engine and trans, so I don't want one remotely as nice as your '67.

I bought the one from Wichita KS that you posted some time ago but it needs a full RH quarter, My red one needs a left quarter and work on the right one and has misc rust holes around the rear window; small, but 6 or 7 different spots... (vinyl top).

Would have liked this one before it had the engine, trans, grille, seats, window switches, trim etc, etc. taken off and sold, but now it is hard to justify a 3,400 mile round trip for what is left...

1968 Y_600x450.jpg

1968 Y_600x450.jpg

91 gmc in wrap up stage...when l find the time

70 fury 3 survivor..mint..just need to find time to do touch-ups to get it back on road for next year mayby this fall
video of first wash on return home with it

71 Fury GT
under full restoration..no time so someone else is finding the time for this one..its being restored by same talented individual that oversaw Bills 70 440 fury restoration in background...am stoked

countin blessins....

Wow,
Really like that truck!!

'71 GT with the gold interior will be fabulous.

The only vehicle that I am always on the prowl for is a solid, straight '68 300 project. I want to paint it skeleton up like I did the '67 NY and rebuild the engine and trans, so I don't want one remotely as nice as your '67.

I bought the one from Wichita KS that you posted some time ago but it needs a full RH quarter, My red one needs a left quarter and work on the right one and has misc rust holes around the rear window; small, but 6 or 7 different spots... (vinyl top).

Would have liked this one before it had the engine, trans, grille, seats, window switches, trim etc, etc. taken off and sold, but now it is hard to justify a 3,400 mile round trip for what is left...

View attachment 53947

i remember that one. glad it's in good hands

I've got a complete restoration taking palce since I bought the car, 8yrs ago, on a 1970 Challenger T/A that seems to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back everytime I touch it. So it should get finished much faster if I don't touch it. I have an 81 Z28 that is a driver but needs work every year, just finishe rear suspension and beefed up the sway bar setup in front and out back. This winter will be removing the intake and replacing the cast iron heads for aluminum and stopping some annoying leaks. Most recent project is a 67 Plymouth Fury III that has all new suspension, new brakes with disc conversionout front, a recently purchased 3.23 sure grip rear end to be installed this weekend, transmission that was just rebuilt with shift kit and 3200 stall sittingon the garage floor. The engine should be done (GOD willing) in the next week and all put together and slammed into place, leaving me to figure out the kickdown linkage issues I'm anticipating and finding a suitable muffler that will give me a nice growl but allow me to have a conversation with my wife at cruising speeds. I also need to figure out if I want rectangular or oval tips on the exhaust...anyone have a suggestion?

AS far as manageing time, money and completion rate....my gant chart was burned 2 wks after starting each project. I'm also subconciously seeking a divorce because I'm considering a purchase of a 1958 Belvedere that I have no room for at the moment.

My projects...obviously my 68 T/C wagon, and then my 48 Desoto 2dr Sedan. And of course driving my 84 W350 Cummins crewcab as a DD requires a fair amount of up keep.

Juggling 3 projects, a house, a family, work etc can be tiring. Never seems to be enough time, or money to get to everything I want to do. I just do the best I can.

Well let's see my Dad left me with a 67 Fury convertible I am working on just getting it running for now it has been sitting for 20 years but the car I truly adore is His 70 Swinger 340 original FJ5 (Sublime) Man I love that car I apologize for how she looks but I assure you she runs like a scolded cat original 340 with 3:91 Sure grip it is a lot of fun but I am very respectful of it I cherish it to much to want to beat on it.

Swinger1.jpgSwinger2.jpg

Swinger1.jpg

Swinger2.jpg

I've got a complete restoration taking palce since I bought the car, 8yrs ago, on a 1970 Challenger T/A that seems to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back everytime I touch it. So it should get finished much faster if I don't touch it. I have an 81 Z28 that is a driver but needs work every year, just finishe rear suspension and beefed up the sway bar setup in front and out back. This winter will be removing the intake and replacing the cast iron heads for aluminum and stopping some annoying leaks. Most recent project is a 67 Plymouth Fury III that has all new suspension, new brakes with disc conversionout front, a recently purchased 3.23 sure grip rear end to be installed this weekend, transmission that was just rebuilt with shift kit and 3200 stall sittingon the garage floor. The engine should be done (GOD willing) in the next week and all put together and slammed into place, leaving me to figure out the kickdown linkage issues I'm anticipating and finding a suitable muffler that will give me a nice growl but allow me to have a conversation with my wife at cruising speeds. I also need to figure out if I want rectangular or oval tips on the exhaust...anyone have a suggestion?

AS far as manageing time, money and completion rate....my gant chart was burned 2 wks after starting each project. I'm also subconciously seeking a divorce because I'm considering a purchase of a 1958 Belvedere that I have no room for at the moment.

Sounds like an interesting project. :)

As far as tips, well, it's a matter of personal preference, but my suggestion would be that if you're going with factory wheels and if you're going with tires that look like what the factory would have put on the car, then go with the turndowns without tips. If you're going with aftermarket wheels and wider tires, then go with the tips. In which case I would suggest round or slightly oval ones. I put oval tips on mine. They look round though. You really have to be looking closely to notice that they're oval.

just one project car and it will be a driving project when i get a few of the things sorted out with it first, then it'll be off to the body shop to get the rust sorted out

P1030772_zpsglgjlqee.jpg

Can you refresh my memories with some pics of the '67 New Yorker? I'd be forever grateful :)

How many projects is a great question. I guess my projects are vehicles I want restored so, My 1970 Imperial is first or maybe second to my 1992 Miata. The Miata is far easier as it just needs a new top and a respray. I bought it to swap a v8 into it but loved it as it was. They are no fun on the interstate though.

Just my '66 Fury and my '96 Cherokee. But the Jeep is more of a project! Might as well be a 2014 with everything I've fixed on since I got it last year! junk

As to how many projects.... They are all projects at some stage of restoration or repair.

So here goes my very eclectic mix.

1) 73 roadrunner. Completed last year and just developed two rust bubbles in a totally new area never showing signs of trouble. Right at the top of rear window sill. Now I have to paint the whole rear of the car. Had parts of it since I started driving... And actually before. It's a keeper! It's on hold pending completion of a full blown rebuild of.....

2) 73 Citroen SM, 78,000 miles...... for those of you who know.... This is the craziest project you can imagine. 43 year old French car with hydraulic suspension and a Maserati V6. engine. Started in February after I backed the next car on this list into it and forced the start as I was finishing that one.

Engine is out. Right rear fender is replaced. All rust cut out and new sections welded in. hope to finish this summer. Currently reinstalling all new hydraulic seals. Front and engine bay paint cuts complete and so are rockers. Front suspension structure refurbished, painted and reinstalled. On hold for more seals this week. Interior is out ( obviously). Carpets are on order and headliner in fabrication. Lots of sub assemblies done... On my kitchen table. Will be replacing clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throw out bearing before it goes back in. Logistically, the most difficult project I've ever done and mist difficult sourcing for parts I've ever done. Love the car, love the ride, love the fact I don't ever see another one.... And love that I've taught myself how to work on it with lots of help from a new friend in Kentuky. Definitely a keeper

3) 71 Lincoln Mark III....98,000 miles. Sunroof car with high back bucket seats. Almost done. Paint and new vinyl top complete and engine got rebuilt heads. Everything was working and I was in shake down mode with it as my daily driver. Then a lifter went bad... Currently have radiator out for recore. Lifters just arrived. This weekend's project...... Changed the ball joints and upper and lower bushings (loose). if I get the radiator back tomorrow I'll do that. Intake came off and ready for new lifters.... Figure I can finish it up Saturday. Then more shake down, details and EBay.

4) 77 Cadillac Seville. 24,000 miles needs new heater core. Another full day project. Otherwise perfect. Fastest Seville I've ever had. This is the third I've had.

5) 73 Chrysler Town and Country, 67,000 miles. Looks like 10,000 miles. One of my favorite keepers. Needs a full day to replace the turn signal cruise switch I got from Murray Park....finally. Just had steering wheel crack at the top....damn!!! Otherwise car is show ready perfect. Would like to also install rear A/C unit that I finally assembled all the parts for.... Another full day project.

6) 89 Jaguar..... 72,000 miles.... Great car. But like all of them needs at least one thing to be perfect. This one needs a new micro switch or adjusting of the existing switch aqfor the auto retracting passenger side seatbelt. Draws down the battery after a few days... If I don't shut off the battery. Another full day project when I get to it.

7) 1972 BMW 3.0 CSi.... Collecting parts. Restoration pending sale of #3 and completion of #2..... And so it goes.

image.jpg

Back