How much is it worth?

Hank

Reaction score
It's worth the money if what you are willing to pay for it and the seller will accept, match up.

"WIW?" questions are pretty bogus, anyway. What are YOU willing to pay for the car?

hard to tell from pictures but it doesn't look too bad. just the lower quarters.if it is as bad as you say, i would say more like a $1200 car. $6-700 for engine/trans, $4-500 trim and misc parts ,$400 scrap. gives you your parts and a few bucks

If it wasn't for that headliner, I'd say it was worth a lot more to me. Could I buy it, drive it, and expect my wife to drive it? Faded and worn is one thing, but ratty interior (I know, the seats look nice) is a bigger deal. It's worth fixing the headliner, but I'd say asking price reflects one with a good original headliner, less rust, and some color left in the fake wood.

would like to pick it up for parts. Looks like its a 440 car and they are now asking $1900. I'm thinking

Wait. It said $10k in the link.

1970 NEW YORKER (TOWN & COUNTRY) 4 DOOR STATION WAGON, (TOP OF THE LINE CHRYSLER) LOADED WITH EXTRAS. NEW REBUILT TRANSMISSION & LIFETIME SHOCKS, 400 Cubic V-8 torque flight transmission, 9 PASSENGER, POWER WINDOWS INCLUDING REAR PWR WINDOW WORK, VERY GOOD LOCALLY OWNED, WELL MAINTAINED CHRYSLER. THIS HAS CRUISE CONTROL, AIR COND, (RADIO-HTR-WIPERS ALL WORK) SER# CP46NOC128422
PRICE $9,950.00

Close-out price is $1,900. I would think by the description you should take 15 hundreds with you and don't show them all at once.

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg

The better question here would be.......

What parts would you use from a '71 on a '72....?

Different body,, different trim,, etc.....

http://www.classiccarsintl.net/Chrysler/1970_New_yorker_chrysler_classic_cars_for_sale.php

I am going to look at this car in SLC. Seen it once before and the body is almost gone, rusted away. I would like to pick it up for parts. Looks like its a 440 car and they are now asking $1900. I'm thinking something less than that but wondered what the experts here think. I will use it to restore the 72 model T & C I'm working on.

The better question here would be.......

What parts would you use from a '71 on a '72....?

Different body,, different trim,, etc.....

Oops, I meant the 71 im restoring.....

Last edited:
Picked it up for $1600. Will pick it up in a couple weeks and post some pics. The passenger side floor is shot but the rockers are in pretty good shape.

Back