How would you honor C bodies at Carlisle?

Thanks! next question...

If I drive the Polara to this, is there preferred parking for classic cars even if I want to simply wander about or do I need to register and display in order to get parking so that it will be better protected from Joe average that doesn't care about my car?
There really isn't any preferred parking. There's local folks that have their lawns available for parking close. Maybe slip one of them a little extra or pay for two spots so you get good parking.

But.... Why not register and bring your car in? I've known others that do that just to have a spot on the grounds. By the time you pay for parking and admission for two days, you aren't far off in price. Plus, you can come and go as you please from the show field with no issue.

But.... Why not register and bring your car in? I've known others that do that just to have a spot on the grounds. By the time you pay for parking and admission for two days, you aren't far off in price. Plus, you can come and go as you please from the show field with no issue.

That is totally the way to go to a car show for the reasons John said and usually it comes with two tickets so you and a friend can come and go, and even bring a tent for napping or awning for shade, and coolers for drinks, etc

That is totally the way to go to a car show for the reasons John said and usually it comes with two tickets so you and a friend can come and go, and even bring a tent for napping or awning for shade, and coolers for drinks, etc

You've done this before!

Yeah just bring it in, nobody is going to complain that it is not good or finished enough there will be a lot rougher cars on the show field.

Alright now you got me started. That dummy wants a $100 to get a car and 2 people in for sat/sun show. $65 gets my car and 2 people in for 3 days at the largest Mopar show-The Nats. $50 gets my car and 2 people into the greatest show with no racing at Carlilse for 3 days 4-5 days if you want to go that long. Don't even get me started about the admission price for racing a street car at MM and to add insult to injury he moved the MM in between Carlisle and the Nats, now you can pay too much to sweat in July instead of Sept., and one last tidbit is the show is now the last weekend in July which means it will rain that weekend in northern Ohio. Rant over

Got shitty news today. I had the date of my wife's step sister's wedding screwed up. She's getting married on the 16th, right in the middle of Carlisle. :wtf: Looks like I'm not going after all. Cancelled the hotel. :mad:&%#(*!:mad:

I'm glad my family knows that if they schedule something that weekend or the weekend of the Nats that I will not be attending their something.

Got shitty news today. I had the date of my wife's step sister's wedding screwed up. She's getting married on the 16th, right in the middle of Carlisle. :wtf: Looks like I'm not going after all. Cancelled the hotel. :mad:&%#(*!:mad:

Have them get married on the Carlisle Main Stage .....

there no on site parking for non registered cars they park on street and in yards that sell parking. its cheaper to registere than walk in if you have 2 pople an come 2days or more

Thanks! next question...

If I drive the Polara to this, is there preferred parking for classic cars even if I want to simply wander about or do I need to register and display in order to get parking so that it will be better protected from Joe average that doesn't care about my car?

Lots of great advice for Carlisle.. Now I need some advice.. I've been going to Carlisle for years, but never as a participant. I'm registered and ready to go.. My question is! Can I camp / sleep in a tent behind the car? Are there facilities!! For those late night Pee Pee runs? And can I have a pop up gazebo behind the car for shade?

[QUOTE="Big_John, post: 320989, member: 2054"I've never seen a V-code Fury at Carlisle so I don't expect there will be this year.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to bring mine,...unfinished if you all could help with shipping it out there!!! :)

Lots of great advice for Carlisle.. Now I need some advice.. I've been going to Carlisle for years, but never as a participant. I'm registered and ready to go.. My question is! Can I camp / sleep in a tent behind the car? Are there facilities!! For those late night Pee Pee runs? And can I have a pop up gazebo behind the car for shade?

The facilities are open all night because of the on site camping. I believe you could spend nights in a tent on the field but you should ask the Carlisle staff.

Yes tents behind the car is almost mandatory in July.

Back