How would you honor C bodies at Carlisle?

I have always found that calling them and asking questions got me the answers I was looking for. The girls are very helpful.

For more information call 717-243-7855

Ok fella's.. I called and here's what I found out. As a few of you have already mentioned you cannot camp on the field where your car is during the show. But there is an area outside gate three for those that have already their registered cars to camp each evening. Betsy stated there is no need to preregister for the camping area, just let them know when you arrive on the field that you wish to camp there and they will Help arrange it for you. She also stated that in the camping area they're only Porta potty's, but the Shofield has bathrooms and showers available..

Hope this information helps anyone that had questions like I did.

Yes, if you want a shower you will need to get it before that gate closes for the evening or drive around because you can come and go 24 hours at main gate with vehicle pass.

Or drive to a nearby truck plaza for a shower, meal, and whatever then back to the camp ground if there is one close by:)

Or drive to a nearby truck plaza for a shower, meal, and whatever then back to the camp ground if there is one close by:)
I've done that up at the Flying hook. The showers on the grounds are really not bad and not busy at the right times

My "camping" days are long over with unless I find a decent camper similar to Will & Ellie's" camper.

Will, do you store your camper outdoors when not in use or does it fit in your garage?

Will, do you store your camper outdoors when not in use or does it fit in your garage?
Bob,
I've been working on the camper between road trips. I wish it would fit in the garage, but the garage is full of cars. I do have a cover for it during the short winter time we have here.

Last edited:
My first taste will be in Idaho this summer.....then the big event.
Still unsure about which car to bring

My first taste will be in Idaho this summer.....then the big event.
Still unsure about which car to bring

What's going on in Idaho Dave....... ?
What car to bring..... tough choice. The latest vert that no one has seen would be my suggestion. I'm driving the Admiral because it's set up to tow Connie. Otherwise Jazebelle would be making the return trip.

My "camping" days are long over with unless I find a decent camper similar to Will & Ellie's" camper.

Search "vintage campers or rv's" Bob. Some good deals out there.
Your a big guy so I wouldn't recommend anything less then 19'. We basically just sleep in the camper. I set up a screened in 10 x 10 easy up to use as our kitchen.
Your NYB should be able to handle a trailer up to 26'. You can find a pretty good deal on an Air Stream that size. Used/vintage Air streams get cheaper as the get longer. If you stick to the era of your car with a vintage trailer the you should be able to locate a pretty nice one for not much money.
Get set up in something now and we can hit the road together once you retire.......:steering::thumbsup:

Tin Can Tourists

Taking the Ram to visit our Daughter and grandkids. I have a 26 ft trailer reserved to tow and see the sites while there

Sadly I just cancelled my reservations at the Courtyard Marriott in Mechanicsburg if someone is looking for a room. 1 exit east of Carlisle right off the exit.

Search "vintage campers or rv's" Bob. Some good deals out there.
Your a big guy so I wouldn't recommend anything less then 19'. We basically just sleep in the camper. I set up a screened in 10 x 10 easy up to use as our kitchen.
Your NYB should be able to handle a trailer up to 26'. You can find a pretty good deal on an Air Stream that size. Used/vintage Air streams get cheaper as the get longer. If you stick to the era of your car with a vintage trailer the you should be able to locate a pretty nice one for not much money.
Get set up in something now and we can hit the road together once you retire.......:steering::thumbsup:

Tin Can Tourists

I will definitely be checking that out. They fenced in storage lots with concertina wire on the Proving Ground that I could store it when I'm not on the road.

Back