How would you honor C bodies at Carlisle?

Lots of great advice for Carlisle.. Now I need some advice.. I've been going to Carlisle for years, but never as a participant. I'm registered and ready to go.. My question is! Can I camp / sleep in a tent behind the car? Are there facilities!! For those late night Pee Pee runs? And can I have a pop up gazebo behind the car for shade?
I think some people will camp with in the vendor area, but I've never seen anyone camp on the show field. You'd be better off camping in the campground.

I don't know. I know some folks that camp and they have always told me that there are sites that don't get sold.

I always hear how it's sold out . Best thing to do I suppose is call the Carlisle staff

Will has camped at Carlisle I believe. Ask him for some tips and call the event staff like Dave said

Will camps in the vendor area which is why I suspect they may allow people to stay on the field

I always hear how it's sold out . Best thing to do I suppose is call the Carlisle staff
That is the best thing to do. I always tell people not to wait until the last minute for any of this. You can always find a hotel, but the longer you wait, the farther away you are.

Lots of great advice for Carlisle.. Now I need some advice.. I've been going to Carlisle for years, but never as a participant. I'm registered and ready to go.. My question is! Can I camp / sleep in a tent behind the car? Are there facilities!! For those late night Pee Pee runs? And can I have a pop up gazebo behind the car for shade?
Check out the link. Apparently there is showers also.
Parking | Carlisle Events | Carlisle Fairgrounds, Pennsylvania

I've maintained three vendor spaces at Carlisle since the 90's. The past five years I've use them to camp on. First in a tent, then a pop up and now in our vintage camper.
I go into the fairgrounds on Wednesday and never leave until the following Sunday or Monday.
It sure beats driving in and out everyday. Evenings take on a whole different flavor with vendors cooking out together and telling stories, some true.
The bath house's there are great and well maintained. The food vendors offer some really good choices.

They will not let you sleep anywhere on the show field in your car/tent, sleeping bag, canopy, folding chair, etc.. Lot of campers in the vendor area tents, motorhomes, trailers. They used to have camping at the armory field but I have not done this in 10 years, if it is still availible.

I've maintained three vendor spaces at Carlisle since the 90's. The past five years I've use them to camp on. First in a tent, then a pop up and now in our vintage camper.
I go into the fairgrounds on Wednesday and never leave until the following Sunday or Monday.
It sure beats driving in and out everyday. Evenings take on a whole different flavor with vendors cooking out together and telling stories, some true.
The bath house's there are great and well maintained. The food vendors offer some really good choices.

I'm gonna call them and find out what I can and can't do.. Don't want to show up unprepared. Thanks for you input.

I saw somewhere that if you're registered you get priority for camping spaces. It's a real bear to find the information on their site though.

I have always found that calling them and asking questions got me the answers I was looking for. The girls are very helpful.

For more information call 717-243-7855

The great thing about calling Carlisle for info is that REAL people answer the phone. And they know what their talking about. Very friendly and helpful.

Probably the worst part of that venue is their Web site. They used to have a message board but it didn't last long

X2 on their site. There's information there, but you sometimes have to really dig for it. I've found things like the field layout by googling it rather than trying to go through their menus.

Back