I Am Absolutely Done With 1978 Wiper Cams

Thanks but I'm not sure what you have. A whole car? Just parts? Exactly what is/was the car. Thanks.
-Stan
I took a part a 1974 newport sedan the only thing i don't have is the floor pans and seat i kept all the rest of the car in pieces

If it was a 4 door hardtop I'd ask you about the roof rail seals.

We need to get on Resto Specialties ***. AGAIN. :mad:
Jeezes, he got the quotes based on my seals from his supplier. If he isn't going to do anything with it, hand it off to Murray or even Steele for Pete's sakes.

i have a 1976 4 door hardtop i got seal form soft seal can't remember the part no# its universal they will send samples free of charge they work quite well you may have to readjust the windows i did.just measure and go softseal.com

i have a 1976 4 door hardtop i got seal form soft seal can't remember the part no# its universal they will send samples free of charge they work quite well you may have to readjust the windows i did.just measure and go softseal.com
Mr C: Kip came up with that solution, am I right?

I would buy 3 sets if someone made them and they were correct.
The seal solution mentioned above only replaces the straight extruded part of the seal. You still have to reuse the old molded corners and formed ends splicing all the butt joints with goop.
Not ideal.

The seal solution mentioned above only replaces the straight extruded part of the seal. You still have to reuse the old molded corners and formed ends splicing all the butt joints with goop.
Not ideal.
i agree not ideal i didn't on mine i cut it to fit and used a little glue it work it better then nothing

Hey all, I know this is an old thread, so sorry for bumping, but I'm having the same issue finding a 78 wiper motor cam for my 78 New Yorker. And because mine is all broken up, I'm not 100% sure what it actually looks like.

Can anyone confirm that one of these is the 78 cam? And if no - does anyone know where to find one?

1977-1978 Le Baron Diplomat 2 Speed Wiper Motor Cam Bushing Kit
NEW 77-78 Diplomat Lebaron 2 Speed Intermittent Windshield Wiper Cam Bushing Kit | eBay
New 1977 1978 Diplomat Lebaron 2 Speed Windshield Wiper Cam Bushing Kit | eBay

If it is, I'm going to purchase it, and before I install it, I will make a CAD drawing of it, and make it available as a 3D printed part. There seems to be a lot of folks looking for these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

Back