I cant take it

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
If I don't find a car soon I'm gonna explode. Pickins are slim and a lot of competition. It seems the demand for Dodge C bodies has grown quite a bit over the last ten years, particularly the 69-72 models.
Used to be you could go on any car for sale site and take your pick. If not today, you could get a red one tomorrow.
:BangHead:
Now there's a familiar feeling .

What are you after?
I see some good deals on Kijiji. Canadian dollar as well.
I have a wanted ad here. The " long timers" know what I'm after.

The desire is
1970 Polara Convertible
1971 Polara, any configuration.
1969-72 Polara/Monaco wagon.

I'm done with projects. A driving project is ok. Meaning it's gotta be nice but updating needed. Whereas it's mechanicals have been left go or has deteriorated.

My number 3 choice may have been resolved, so that is on hold unless the deal doesn't happen.
Still looking for either 1st or 2nd choice.

My former group.
attachment-9.jpeg
attachment-10.jpeg

I've owned ( to my knowledge) the best of the best. New comers do not have to be the best but my standards are likely fairly high.

I’ve had my eye on Face Book, eBay and Craigslist for the past year or so. Not much out there, unless you want an A, B or E body and willing to pay $40k+ for modified junk. I’m guessing the guy that has that old “boat” Dodge, Chrysler or Plymouth doesn’t think it’s work enough to sell it through regular channels. Put @ayilar on the case, it will only be a matter of time and he will uncover the gem you want. Good luck!

I’ve had my eye on Face Book, eBay and Craigslist for the past year or so. Not much out there, unless you want an A, B or E body and willing to pay $40k+ for modified junk. I’m guessing the guy that has that old “boat” Dodge, Chrysler or Plymouth doesn’t think it’s work enough to sell it through regular channels. Put @ayilar on the case, it will only be a matter of time and he will uncover the gem you want. Good luck!
I believe there's cars still undiscovered. Most aren't letting go of what's tucked away. There aren't much of those left.
As far as A is concerned, he's the competition or some of it. He's likely going to find what he and I are both after first. If he declines, he always passes information along. I'm grateful for that.

I'm still holding out for the last one I sold to return home but that's getting more and more unlikely. So I gotta start the re-hunt now.
Fun but frustrating. I don't have many hunts left in me.

I’m always on the lookout for c-bodies and most ads I see are for overpriced, highly molested junk.
They’ll want 5k for a car that you’d have to do an hour of weed eating just to see.
Nowadays I think your money ahead to pay twice what a good one is worth than you are buying an cheap fixer upper.

Blue would have been a Fusie I would have liked to own. I loved the color combo and of course, the wheels.

PXL_20230505_004513123.jpg

Dave's old project I rescued.

Since your Want ad, I've been including in my searches for 70/71 Polaras down here in anti-woke Florida. I have to tell you the hits have been practically non-existing.

Dave, while you're playing around in the Challenger forums, look for an older Challenger 6 spd. SRT8 for 10 grand.

I believe there's cars still undiscovered. Most aren't letting go of what's tucked away. There aren't much of those left.
As far as A is concerned, he's the competition or some of it. He's likely going to find what he and I are both after first. If he declines, he always passes information along. I'm grateful for that.

I'm still holding out for the last one I sold to return home but that's getting more and more unlikely. So I gotta start the re-hunt now.
Fun but frustrating. I don't have many hunts left in me.

Don't worry, Dave. There is always another car out there. . .

Since your Want ad, I've been including in my searches for 70/71 Polaras down here in anti-woke Florida. I have to tell you the hits have been practically non-existing.

Dave, while you're playing around in the Challenger forums, look for an older Challenger 6 spd. SRT8 for 10 grand.
I've backed away from those. I still pop in from time to time and absolutely will tell you if something pops up. I ordered a Cat, sold the Scat and still have the 22 5.7.
I decided owning a Cat in Jersey is pointless, in the Northeast really. So I'm not doing the Cat, hence, the big push for old metal.

That would have to be in Wagon form for me OR a two door with factory buckets.
Even then I'd likely still wish for a 71

There had been a a Polara convertible in western PA that was popping up on CL every now and then, but I haven't seen it for sometime.
color? Engine? Link? Photos? Please?

Back