I finished building my 69 fury dash Tach today

I will have some more info on the tach face graphics in a week or 2 when I see my graphics friend. I need him to tweek the shape of the sticker so it fits over the clock face better. Then I will get him to make a run of them for us

This is the paint used on the needle , I brushed on three coats . It self levels well and left no brush marks behind .
AFB5D95C-3079-4CA4-957E-7D8668BB2A7A.jpeg

You have to forgive me I don’t know how to copy and paste address and such yet on a phone or computer, I just know how to take pictures and work with my hands
Right click on address bar of the site you want to link, select "copy", then right click and "paste" in the text of the message. Option two - after the right click & copy, click on the link memo, (looks like a couple links of chain), on the text entry box and paste into the box that opens up.

View attachment 181523 Here is a picture of the outfit that 3D prints the tach needle. I thought it was great quality at a great price. You have to forgive me I don’t know how to copy and paste address and such yet on a phone or computer, I just know how to take pictures and work with my hands

I wonder if this is the same @cudak888 that is a member here...

batman thinking.gif

Now here is the 2”tach , it fits in the palm of your hand. It is very close to the same diameter as the clock body, just a little bit longer. I don’t have a clock handy to do a side by side pic right now. If you remove the glass and trim the edge of the tach housing it fits up to the back of the clock face (new Mopar tach face ) nicely . The new 3D needle fits very well on the tach.
4F885ECC-6CE3-4F3B-A674-28CB237A9E0B.jpeg
E510AEC5-BFB4-4728-AEFA-B7F297072521.jpeg
7891B629-15B0-46A3-A516-C8AC83B933D6.jpeg

Duh. I think i even replied to that thread! lol sucks getting old{er} :rolleyes:
He is 3D printing the mounting plates for the B body tach so with a proper diagram he should be able to make an adapter plate from the new tach body to the back of the old clock?

The tear drop shape gets cut off and the new tach mounts there. It mounts lower than the center of the clock, pretty well flush with the bottom of the pointy part of the tear drop shape. A new hole for the tach needle shaft is drilled in the lower center of the old clock face and then you center and orientate the tach then securely mount it to the old clock housing . Then the hard part is DONE !!!! Your new tach graphics go over the clock face , pop on your new needle and BOB’s your uncle . You’re now the proud father of a bran new baby dash tach lol that is the ultra simplified version of it but you get the picture
7AF9D29B-FB08-46DC-ABC6-040DA33B4AB1.jpeg
E24ADAA8-A29B-457C-BD60-2DC0D603BBEA.jpeg

That's pretty darn good, and it looks like you beat me to the 3D printed version (which I've been dragging my feet on - was going to have some acrylic cut but then saw this thread when I logged in - now I'm debating whether anyone really wants the 3D printed version).

Out of curiosity, how/who did you use to have the tach face printed?

-Kurt

That's pretty darn good, and it looks like you beat me to the 3D printed version (which I've been dragging my feet on - was going to have some acrylic cut but then saw this thread when I logged in - now I'm debating whether anyone really wants the 3D printed version).

Out of curiosity, how/who did you use to have the tach face printed?

-Kurt
A friend of mine owner of Englot Auto Trim & Signs in White City Sask. Canada did the graphics . He Made the Tach face graphics with pictures of factory tachs i got off the net . I gave him a clock face and gauge cluster bezel to use as a real life mock up. I punched my own hole in the tach graphics where the center of the tach needed to be. Once the hole was punched that told me exactly where the new tachometer must be mounted on the back of the clock face. I more or less reversed engineered the tach using a clock body

Those were some pictures of how I mounted the 2”tach.The dimensions were almost identical to the factory clock.

So basically, if someone has a clock they would like to convert, they just need the tach, decal, and needle. I think it should be sold as a kit with instructions vs having someone else build each unit.

So basically, if someone has a clock they would like to convert, they just need the tach, decal, and needle. I think it should be sold as a kit with instructions vs having someone else build each unit.
Yes. It would be by far the most economical way to go. Anyone with the know how to remove their gauge cluster to install this tach will be able to build a tach out of a clock. When I started this project I was flying blind but after sourcing a few parts and making a few mistakes I was able to come up with a good looking, working tach . That’s why it took a couple of years to come up with this. If I had all the parts in front of me I could probably put one together in a couple hours.

Back