I finished building my 69 fury dash Tach today

I'm definitely interested. I actually grabbed two clocks at a yard specifically for this project.
I think a lot of these old clocks are going to become new tachs in the near future. The one part that is still hard for me to find is a nice stainless steel or chrome button for the needle.

I think a lot of these old clocks are going to become new tachs in the near future. The one part that is still hard for me to find is a nice stainless steel or chrome button for the needle.

Does anyone have a good measurement on a factory needle button?

Does anyone have a good measurement on a factory needle button?
now that would be a big help. I got as close as I could from pictures of factory tachs. I started looking in Hobby shops and craft shops but I ended up at wall mart in the wall clock department for a great looking stainless button. Even a aluminum button would work.

Last edited:
No measurement but here is a picture of mine if it helps.

69-fury-instrument-panel-with-tachometer-jpg.jpg

Well I think mine might be a fraction bigger but when it’s mounted in the bezel behind a lens it looks good enough for my dash.
C279DE1D-9D27-4919-93F5-095FBC99F7F4.jpeg

Ironwolf - A good close up of yours when you have a chance, would be a great help.

There is a bit of tweaking needed on the graphics yet I see but that shouldn’t be an issue. The dash before the numbers should be thinner and a bit longer and the RPM X 100 should be smaller.

Ironwolf - A good close up of yours when you have a chance, would be a great help.

Sorry, No can do.....

The car is so buried in the garage and I can not even get to the drivers door or close to it. :BangHead:

But at least the car is in the garage ....:thumbsup:

I did find this picture online hope it helps..

net71fury.jpg

Great thread you got going here. Wonderful work your doing too.

Not to criticize your effort but your numbers are just a hair off. If you run a ruler under the 20 and 40 you’ll see that your a little high on yours versus the original. Also the font size on the numbers is just a little bigger on yours. Agree that the RPM x 100 text is also too big.

But then again I’m a hypercritical ***!

Otherwise..... perfect.

Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Last edited:
I just saw my graphics guy over the weekend and he is tweaking the graphics to get it much closer to the original. I’m getting him to make 24 tach faces . The face will be very close to the original but I’m sure if you got right up close and personal you could always find something that could be tweaked a bit more. All I had for reference was a couple of pictures off the interweb . I will keep everyone updated on when I receive them on this thread and then if anyone wants one let me know. I can always get more made if members want them.

I just saw my graphics guy over the weekend and he is tweaking the graphics to get it much closer to the original. I’m getting him to make 24 tach faces . The face will be very close to the original but I’m sure if you got right up close and personal you could always find something that could be tweaked a bit more. All I had for reference was a couple of pictures off the interweb . I will keep everyone updated on when I receive them on this thread and then if anyone wants one let me know. I can always get more made if members want them.
I want 2

Back