I found a '71 Fury...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A friend in another state has located what appears to be a VERY nice '70 Fury coupe. He is calling is a Gran Coupe. I do not see any GT or Sport Fury badges on the car, from the six pics he sent me. All I'm going to say about the car right now is that it's a desirable color, a big block car, and the grille emblem is the red/white/blue rectangular emblem on the DS of the grille assembly.

So, is this a Gran Coupe, a Sport Fury, or a GT for '70???

furygrille1.jpg

Last edited:
furydoor.JPG
I got some more pics of it a bit ago - it is indeed a '70 Fury Gran Coupe. PL21L0. Waiting word from the seller.

I don't want to expound on the car any further, until I know I can get the car. If I do get the car, or if I don't get the car for whatever reason, I'll post everything about it. I mentioned it being a late build car - try mid-July 1970! Nowhere on this car is it green!

With the black interior I'm thinking it's frosted teal . Those only came in a select few colors didn't they? And the only power was the L code?

You could be right about that , didn,t look at the door panels , most were dark brown and some Ivory/creme .....
Most of them indeed 383 2bbl , 1971 a lot with the 360.

Nope.

This is a two-fender tag car. The second only says "MONOBAKE", so that may give you guys a hint.

I've seen brown, teal, tan, gold, and black...the Critter is digging!

Last edited:
It has two tags, regardless. It's like the "Factory Show Car" tag, "Trans Am", "Special Order" or "Pilot Car" tags.

And not Sand Pebble.

Back